Sign in to follow this  

decided to keep the kx 125 but I have some ??

Ya ok if you read my other post I was talking about getting a drz 400 but I decided I should just keep the kawasaki. Now I am left with the bottom and top end rebuild or maybe just the bottom? Before I pull it all apart I know for sure the bottom end needs rebuilt so what is some good quality stuff to rebuild it with btw its a 2004 model. My other question is if it needs a bottem end do you guys think it needs the top end redone again? It knocks bad and im running a wiseco piston so from it knocking do you guys think it tore the cylinder up and piston from it knocking around or is it to hard to tell and I should just pull the top end off and just look? But I would definatly like some tips on brands for the bottem end and such.. Thanks in advance and sorry for the scare of me selling it for a drz 400 lol it isn't no kx 125 what was I thinking :thumbsup:

Rip apart... you can guess all day long, or have ppl tell you what they think. You cant fix anything untill its apart. Yes rip apart the topend, likely all you need to fix.

Ya well the bottom end is also definatly shot I know that for a fact so any ideas on a brand to get I seen some hot rod stuff but it was going for $270 so I wasn't so sure on how good the quality of it is.

A knocking sound in KX is not necessarily an indication of needing attention. The power valve can be noisy on these. May depend on year. Search "KIPS rattle", I think.

Then again....

Ya ok if you read my other post I was talking about getting a drz 400 but I decided I should just keep the kawasaki. Now I am left with the bottom and top end rebuild or maybe just the bottom? Before I pull it all apart I know for sure the bottom end needs rebuilt so what is some good quality stuff to rebuild it with btw its a 2004 model. My other question is if it needs a bottem end do you guys think it needs the top end redone again? It knocks bad and im running a wiseco piston so from it knocking do you guys think it tore the cylinder up and piston from it knocking around or is it to hard to tell and I should just pull the top end off and just look? But I would definatly like some tips on brands for the bottem end and such.. Thanks in advance and sorry for the scare of me selling it for a drz 400 lol it isn't no kx 125 what was I thinking :confused:

My KX125 made a knocking sound the other day. When I took off the cylinder and the head I found a busted inner o-ring on the head. Well it RUINED my plating and 134 kit so off to Eric Gorr it went and I was told it WOULD BE 7 WEEKS :thumbsup:

No. It's definatly a problem lol it's rattling bad but I haven't had time to tear into yet been busy With stuff but looking to get to it very soon I think the guy above me Dylan could be right though.. I'll have to tear into the top end and see I hope its just this I hate havin my buddy split the cases it takes forever and I'm wanting to ride again here soon, but thanks I never though about checking all that.

No. It's definatly a problem lol it's rattling bad but I haven't had time to tear into yet been busy With stuff but looking to get to it very soon I think the guy above me Dylan could be right though.. I'll have to tear into the top end and see I hope its just this I hate havin my buddy split the cases it takes forever and I'm wanting to ride again here soon, but thanks I never though about checking all that.

When the o-ring busted it let water get on top of the piston, which caused the knocking sound. I only ran my bike all of 5 seconds until I hit the kill switch. Hopefully, your plating is still good. If not, it'll cost you about $200 plus the price of the piston. :thumbsup:

Well My dad tore into it with his friend its not good news at all.. The crank was shot, and bolt came loose somewhere in the motor and caused shavings to get all in the motor and trani. So I pulled the trani apart and the gears were all shot and the top end needs a new replate new piston new rings new reeds it needs everything. While im in there im going to go ahead and replace the water pump or rebuild rather than replace it and Im going to take my time and do it right. My buddy has a hook up and is getting me brand new oem crank and piston for $300 so at least im getting a little bit of a break on it. But WOW talk about a pain lol oh well hopefully the bike will be done in a couple months but its insane how it went all to crap like this. Oh well though im going to take a bath on it and do it right because I love to ride :thumbsup: