[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

spring rates ktm250sx 2010

Hi I ride a ktm 250sx 2010, I weigh 210lbs w/out gear and ride mx tracks.......what springs do you guys recommende (front and rear)

you are on the edge of needing the next stiffer fork springs(0.47, std is 0.45), and the shock spring is way light, 6.9 std and you need a 8.0

you are on the edge of needing the next stiffer fork springs(0.47, std is 0.45), and the shock spring is way light, 6.9 std and you need a 8.0

I was thinking more like 7.6 for shock spring.......don't you think that 8 is to stiff

I weigh 200 with gear I run a progressive 6 and .46 you would probably need the next step up from mine . I think they come stock with .44 in front and 6.9 on rear . Dont listen to all the bs about progressive non progressive etc... If you can afford it though buy the dsp titanium progressive as the pds6 is quite heavy .

both a 7.6 and 8 would work , the 7.5 will be at the soft end and need a bit of preload, the 8 will need very little preload, how I would do it is for a slower less aggressive rider or woods use the 7.6 but for a fast rider doing mx and maybe sx use the 8