Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse EXP

idahojoe - do you know if there are plans to make one for the KDX?

I have one on my 2000 works really well...i had to turn the idle up on my bike cause of the clutch drag on the motor

I have one on my 2000 works really well...i had to turn the idle up on my bike cause of the clutch drag on the motor

do you ride on tracks? i use the clutch alot coming out of corners, i wonder what it would feel like with that clutch.

does it make the clutch completely automatic? do you use it when you shift?

Ya i ride motor and cross country...all it is an expanding fiber....i had a stiff clutch fell before the rekluse and its a lil easier....its close to stock fell and u can still slip the clutch....its not on or off like the z start

does it make the clutch completely automatic? do you use it when you shift?

Not automatic like on a utility quad where you can force a shift. You can shift up and down without pulling the lever, but you have to be somewhat close to being synchronized. But you can also pull the lever at any time to fan the clutch. It really shines coming out of corners, preventing stalling, and in tight woods riding. The downside is you can find yourself in too tall a gear pretty easily.

The EXP would be great for the KDX. My thought is: most bikes share their parts with many models, wouldn't something already in production fit the KDX, or be reasonably close to fitting with some minor tweaking?

Case in point: I am installing DRZ forks on my KDX. My spare WR450 axle and wheel fit the DRZ forks. The KDX brakes also fit the DRZ forks.

The KX500 shares the same clutch plates as a Suzuki DRZ400 for which there is a EXP made. I have read about people using a modded Rekluse from a DRZ in their 500s also. I may give them a call to see if it can work.

I had a rekluse in a YZ450 and it worked great for moto. Saved me a fortune in clutch baskets. Plus the not stalling thing was great to. I'm sure it will do nothing but benefit one's riding no matter what type.