Sign in to follow this  

New premix oil

I just rebuilt my 200 mxc and have been deciding which oil to run. What do you guys think about Motul 800 factory line?

Ratio is 40:1

great oil for a bike being wrung-out constantly. Or pretty spoogy at lower rpms. At least in my case, with my jetting - @ 40:1

I believe there are a couple different 800's available. I accidently bought a bottle of the road racing 800 with a higher flash point, when I ran out of my 710. Spooged like crazy. I run the 710 without issue, 50:1. IDK about the offroad version, but the road racing version was a honey color and it was hard to tell what was mixed and what wasn't.

Yep...there are two (2) different Motul 800 premix oils...road racing and offroad. Both are excellent and neither of them burn as cleanly as the Motul 710.

I use Motul 710 because of the cleaner burn.

Yep...there are two (2) different Motul 800 premix oils...road racing and offroad. Both are excellent and neither of them burn as cleanly as the Motul 710.

I use Motul 710 because of the cleaner burn.

That's good to know. I'm using 800 and get a little spooge. I just thought I was running rich. Think I'll try 710.

I use the 800, tried a bottle of 710, spooged the same.

Now I've cleaned up (leaned out) my jetting, so I may try 710 again.

?So I should be good if I stay at 45-50:1 ish:thumbsup: Or should I stay with Motul 800? Thanks, Jay:ride:

Hi cubera.

I think mixing at 45:1 is fine...especially given the type of WFO riding you're able to do.

Motul 800 Offroad is excellent premix oil. The 710 is designed to create less smoke according to Motul's information. I have found this to be true.

Seriously...I don't see a problem staying with 800. I don't think 710 provides less lubrication potential...it's just doesn't smoke as much.

Around here the 710 blend is readily available with the 800 Offroad being less readily available. I rarely get an opportunity to ride in an area that allows an opportunity to spend more than a second or two at WFO so, for me, 710 at 55:1 has worked out quite well in my 300.

I just don't like the the idea of more of my oil burning. I know the arguments, but common sense seems to dictate that it either lubricates or burns, at least when the going gets tough like during an overheat, etc.

i know there is ton of info on these, but is there a reason not to run 60:1 as ktm suggest?

:thumbsup:

Where are you finding 710 Jay? I ususally shop Forsyth Motosports and they normally stock 800, 710 is a special order.:thumbsup:

Where are you finding 710 Jay? I ususally shop Forsyth Motosports and they normally stock 800, 710 is a special order.:thumbsup:

I have asked my local shop into stocking it for me, which they do. See if you can do the same. I buy the 4 liter bottle so I don't have to buy it all the time.

i ran 800 for a year or so, and it did spooge quite a bit when trail riding. i tried the 710 last year and thought it worked well, quite a bit less if any. so now i use the 710 for slower speed trail stuff and 800 for racing / dunes. 45:1

ok i read a bit on oil ratios and i can see why people run different premix!!!

sorry for the diviation!!!:thumbsup:

I decided to go with Motul 800 off road. Since it has greater lubrication than other oils, would it be a good idea to use a different premix ratio with it?

Ive been running 40:1 with super M, so with the 800 should i move up to 45-50:1?