Flooding DRz

I just bought a DRz 400 with 2000 miles. The thing is in immaculate condition and had run great, today I opened my shed door and the smell of gasoline hit me immediatley, as I stood the bike upright I saw gasoline dripping from the airbox.

The petcock was in the On position and the gas tank is an aftermarket 3.2 gal tank. (still has the vacuum petcock)

And Now I cant get the bike started!

HELP:banghead:

searched the forum briefly but have not seen this

check the oil and see if it smells like gas. If there's a bunch of gas in the oil it won't want to run.

I just bought a DRz 400 with 2000 miles. The thing is in immaculate condition and had run great, today I opened my shed door and the smell of gasoline hit me immediatley, as I stood the bike upright I saw gasoline dripping from the airbox.

The petcock was in the On position and the gas tank is an aftermarket 3.2 gal tank. (still has the vacuum petcock)

And Now I cant get the bike started!

HELP:banghead:

searched the forum briefly but have not seen this

I did a search using "leaky petcock" and found lots of threads.

Change the oil/filter and get a new petcock. I would go for a Pingle...pricy but top quality...no vacuum...just on/res/off. You will have to get into the habit of turning off the petcock everytime you shut the bike down or fuel will leak past the float seat and or valve body o-ring and again flood the crankcase.

:ride:Or you could get a raptor valve for a yamaha,do a serch in faq.:thumbsup:

the other problem is your inlet needle on you carb is leaking and should be replace. so you have two problems going on here. your petcock may be okay if you had a tornado in your neighborhood causing a low pressure vacuum in your carb.

I've never flooded my DR-Z.. As stupid as it sound's I've even tried just to see if I could lol I honestly don't think My bike will flood. And I've never had a pronlem starting it after a good crash when it was hot. always fire's right up. I love my DR-Z! It's bullet proof:ride: