yz250 vs. rm250???

Whats the pros and cons of both?

Which do you prefer?

Thanks, Ryan

from my experience, the rm would be a better choice. ive had both a YZ and now have an RM and the RM is better in every way. runs better, feels better, turns better than any bike on the planet. i would recommend the RM. JMHO

i love the yz's motor. Out of both the 125s and 250 yz'z iv ridden i think it screamed compared to the kx and cr i have ridden. Iv never ridden an rm though. I read that they have really nice turning/handling though

from my experience, the rm would be a better choice. ive had both a YZ and now have an RM and the RM is better in every way. runs better, feels better, turns better than any bike on the planet. i would recommend the RM. JMHO

Well, what year YZ and what year RM?

RM all the way. The 05+ YZ's look better because they have the aluminum frame. Which is about all the YZ's have on RM's is looks.

yz is probably a little more reliable... but i guess thats not a major concern because they r 2 strokes and easy to fix regardless... anyway i race A class harescrambles with someone on an 08 RM250 and the thing pulls holehots like nobodys bussiness. really freekin powerful bike.

ya i race A class in enduros and harescrambles. Just tryin to get off the 4 stroke and get on a 2t! i dont want a kx or cr

06+ yz is supposed to have better suspension than the rm.

yz all the way, amazing engine.

Just from experience my buddy has one of each and the yz just has more balls than the rm or maybe its just cause the yz is 6 years newer

the 05+ yz hands down better motor-suspension-looks easy call the yamaha

I've never been on a RM but from what I hear they corner amazingly. I love my YZ. The Engine is awesome, and there are still a lot of aftermarket parts being produced because the YZ is still being produced.

I've never ridden a YZ but I do own an 07 RM250 and it does corner as well as everyone says it does, by far the most nimble bike I've ever ridden. The only thing I can badmouth about the RM is that the fit and finish quality is no where near any of the Hondas I've had in the past.

i think u might just wanna pick a color and go with it lol

how is your dealer support? pretty much all of them do something better and something worse then the other. yamaha has the benefit of massive parts due to few changes.....suzuki, I dunno for sure.

you can ride either one well if you are an a class rider, I would find out how hard it is going to be to get parts, and use that to influence my decision.

I've ridden both the Rm and the yz. I like the motor on the Yamaha, but Rm sure corners nice. But the YZ is for me.

I think the RM is a better bike over all.

These kind of posts get all kinds of wild responses. The simple fact is that you can't go wrong with a late-model 250 smoker from a major manufacturer. Any minor quirks can easily be remedied with careful setup and a little help from your suspension tuner. Buy on condition and price--don't worry about the color!

These kind of posts get all kinds of wild responses. The simple fact is that you can't go wrong with a late-model 250 smoker from a major manufacturer. Any minor quirks can easily be remedied with careful setup and a little help from your suspension tuner. Buy on condition and price--don't worry about the color!

Well said!:thumbsup:

I picked up a beat 03 RM250 last fall and completely rebuilt it to race HS's this year rather than my 450.

Can you say nimble??? Excellent bike in the tight nasty stuff. Good bottom end and strong power without an uncontrollable hit. Perfect woods racer IMO.