No toil filters

Who has an opinion on the no toil system? I have just started using it, not sure if it is the best way to go. Sure cleans up nice. Anything to watch out for?

Been using it for 3 years 80 hrs on motor, no issues. I do clean it after each ride, but what the hey, it's easy.

How could it not be a good way to go? I've been using them for about 2 yrs now and have never had any issues?

How could it not be a good way to go? I've been using them for about 2 yrs now and have never had any issues?

x2 also pretty sure i noticed a power increase on my 03 yz450

Best way to go if you not gonna run factory filter IMO. Cheap and durable!

i have been running them on all my bikes for 6+ years. love it never had any problem. the only thing i can say is make sure you oil them 4-5 hr in advance before putting them in your bike.

The filters are on par with all the other top filter manufacturers but the ease of cleaning is out of this world! Been using them for 3+ years and will never go back to conventional petroleum based filter oil.

i have been running them on all my bikes for 6+ years. love it never had any problem. the only thing i can say is make sure you oil them 4-5 hr in advance before putting them in your bike.

That is the key. If you are using the new evolution oil it takes longer to set up because there is no alcohol in it like the original version. And you can use oxyclean to clean it up.:thumbsup:

I don't recommend no-toil unless you service the filter the day before every single ride.

I was a no-toil user until dirt sucked through the filter of a bike that sat for a few weeks before it was ridden. The oil migrated to the bottom of the filter over time, leaving the top of the filter dry. When I rode it on a dry sand track, dirt pulled through the top of the filter. I've been oiling filters for 40 years and that's the only time I've ever sucked dirt through a filter. Back to Maxima FFT and Belray filter oils for me.

Been using them for quite a few years in a few different bikes. As said above, the best way I have found is to clean after every ride, or two if they are close together. (within a week or so) If it sits to long it seems to dry & pass dirt. That was with the older red alcohol based oil. It does not seem as bad with the newer Evo formula, but I still wouldn't risk it.

I now have their Hi Flow system in my 08 YZ250f, I Think, MAYBE... I felt an increase in power, a little at best. I gotta say the best part is being able to clean filters in the kitchen sink with Oxi-Clean! For that reason alone I will keep using No-Toil products.

I use them but I also use some pantyhose over the filter too. The night before I ride I pull the old pantyhose off and put a new one on and oil it. No need to wash the filter after every ride unless it was really bad out but if it was just a little dusty out it's more convenient

I don't recommend no-toil unless you service the filter the day before every single ride.

I was a no-toil user until dirt sucked through the filter of a bike that sat for a few weeks before it was ridden. The oil migrated to the bottom of the filter over time, leaving the top of the filter dry. When I rode it on a dry sand track, dirt pulled through the top of the filter. I've been oiling filters for 40 years and that's the only time I've ever sucked dirt through a filter. Back to Maxima FFT and Belray filter oils for me.

if my bike sits for a few weeks i dont care what oil im using i will clean and re oil it.:thumbsup:

Seems I gotta post this from time to time. In serious conditions, No Toil will fail. Two motors, one 2T and one 4T...never again.

If ya think No Toil can take this...think again...then go buy some BelRay. Maxima in a pinch.

BTW, this was one two and half hour race in the PNWet.

P2210001.jpg

Oh I didnt say it wasnt good, just wanted to be sure. Yes I really like it so far-really easy to clean

Seems I gotta post this from time to time. In serious conditions, No Toil will fail. Two motors, one 2T and one 4T...never again.

If ya think No Toil can take this...think again...then go buy some BelRay. Maxima in a pinch.

P2210001.jpg

Well I dont race, and I dont let my filter get that bad. I previously used Maxima, and I would say it probably gives way better protection(if applied properely), but then again, more difficult to clean. Looks like you went through a mud bog?

P2210001.jpg

Jeez... I've seen some dirty filters, but never one with that much crud on it.

I use TwinAir filters with No Toil oil... I've had good luck with it, but I noticed that the new Evolution oil makes a nasty mess if you leave any excess oil on the filter.

I just used a no toil for the first time in my bike and it worked great, no sand or silt flew in my air box. I was told I needed some crazy cleaner for it, I used gas to clean the no toil and a twin air and the no toil seemed to hold up and clean better. The twin air really expanded and felt thinner. I have been told if you ride fine sand like dunes that twin air is the best. But I can buy 2 no toils for the price of one twin air!!!

P2210001.jpg

+1. It's for people who don't wanna get their hands dirty, I guess. That filter is typical around here. Sometimes worse.:thumbsup:

I like the Honda filter oil....sticky!

Tough to understand your complaint without seeing the inside of the filter.

if my bike sits for a few weeks i dont care what oil im using i will clean and re oil it.:thumbsup:

That's unnecessary with a heavy duty oil like Belray or Maxima. Once a filter is serviced with those oils, your bike can sit for years and the filter oil will still do it's job.

I have eight bikes and a busy life so servicing filters every time I decide to ride is unrealistic.