Sign in to follow this  

2002 CR80 Bogging!! Help!!

Ok so i got my old 80 out and so i just dumped old gas out, emptied float bowl, cleaned the jets and ports with compressed air, 125 main jet 52 slow jet forgot to look at clip position. I was kicking it and wasnt starting then saw i forgot to put the spark plug cap on haha ok then it still wasnt starting so i ran it down the driveway and boom it started. White smoke every where hahahh rode it for a minute then it died :thumbsup: now it will not start at all!! help please!!

Ok so i was in a hurry yesterday and couldnt post everything. When i kick it it sounds like it wants to idle but when i give it throttle it just bogs and dies. It wont even start but just bogs. Im pretty sure this is just a carburetor problem. Any ideas what it will be? Anyone?

Ok so i got my old 80 out and so i just dumped old gas out, emptied float bowl, cleaned the jets and ports with compressed air, 125 main jet 52 slow jet forgot to look at clip position. I was kicking it and wasnt starting then saw i forgot to put the spark plug cap on haha ok then it still wasnt starting so i ran it down the driveway and boom it started. White smoke every where hahahh rode it for a minute then it died :thumbsup: now it will not start at all!! help please!!

from what i remember white smoke usually indicates that its burning coolant. check your head gasket to see if its blown. that would be my first guess. also is the piston and cylinder head really clean when you take the head off?

I put a BR8EG plug in it and it ran fine. I know before i stopped riding it it was fouling a plug everyday. Is it ok to run this BR8EG in this?

I put a BR8EG plug in it and it ran fine. I know before i stopped riding it it was fouling a plug everyday. Is it ok to run this BR8EG in this?

That depends on what octane pump gas your running. the lower the hotter. also the BR8EG is a hotter plug than the stock recommended BR10EG. This could cause pre-detonation (pinging) when running the engine.

if you were fouling plugs and now it won't run = right side crank seal or head gasket .. id take that cylinder off and see what the deal is before you destroy something

Did you check/adjust the float level in the carb at all? Is your tranny oil level getting lower (bad right side crank seal)? Does the plug have coolant on it when you pull it after a few good kicks? Easy things to check to help point you in the right direction...

i know when my KTM125SX was bogging down, we put in a leaner gas mixture.... i was running 32:1 ... we were fouling plugs ALOT... so we tuned my carb... helped but not insanely.... put in 50:1 mixture... NGK plug ran great!.... maybe try a higher mixture.... and how is your air filter? If its bad... it wont be getting enough air... i reccomend trying a new air filter.. higher mixture ratio... and tune your carb!!!!!! im not a champ on motorcycles.... but had the same issues.... and im telling you what i did to solve my problem!!!