fuel mileage yz 250

trial riding or enduro type riding.

what kind of mileage do you get ?

mine seems to be around 15 ish ?

my old wr 250 didn't seem to consume so much.

so is this in the range everyone gets or is it me ?

15 mpg? Depending on the trail, that might not be bad.

I've eaten 2 gal in just over 20 miles in a sand race. I've putted around extremely technical mountain single track and made it over 50 miles on about 2 gallons.

I'd say typically I'd expect around 20 mpg out of my bike. Once the ride is getting over 40 miles I start to think about fuel.

I get about 50km (31miles) to 8Litres (1.6gallons) on a mixture of open fire trails and single tracks on my 98 WR250.

trial riding or enduro type riding.

what kind of mileage do you get ?

mine seems to be around 15 ish ?

my old wr 250 didn't seem to consume so much.

so is this in the range everyone gets or is it me ?

with a 3 gallon tank, I've gotten 55-60 miles and still had a few ounces left.

Iv'e gotten 28 miles on a stock 2 gal tank at the worst. 40 or so at the best.

That's why i spent 250 bucks on a bigger 3.5 (or so)tank.

80 km or 5o miles on the stock tank for me with some left to spare. Usual tight tech to flowing singletrack.

With my old 06 i could easily do a 46 mile loop on the stock tank, but i am definitely a lugger, and worked hard on getting the jetting dialed(JD jet kit)and some experimentation. Just depends on how aggressive you ride and where in the rpms you tend to ride

Im with Maurice.. About 60 miles on a 3.2 IMS tank.. However, Ive almost run dry at 50 miles under race conditions.. Depends a lot on terrain and riding style.. Figure about 20.. To me OP, sounds like you may be a fuzz rich on your jetting if you're using that much, OR you ride more wide open than most of us.. :thumbsup:

BRAAAP :thumbsup:

i have a big tank, at my age i'm not rocket fast but not a slug either !

around 40 ground miles, i put in 2 gallons and i think there is still room for another gallon.

riding single track rough terrain, not many places faster then 3rd gear stuff.

i have a big tank, at my age i'm not rocket fast but not a slug either !

around 40 ground miles, i put in 2 gallons and i think there is still room for another gallon.

riding single track rough terrain, not many places faster then 3rd gear stuff.

Also, pilot/needle settings will affect it a fair amount, we forget how often we're closed/small throttle openings.

Imho your consumption is close but could be a little on the high side, so just consider your jetting.

If you're concerned about getting stuck on a trail, install a WR petcock.