Sign in to follow this  

oil filter from tt

I bought an oil filter from the thumpertalk parts store and am not happy with it. The filter I took out was from a kawi dealer and it fit the cover nice and tight. You could push the cover into the rubber part of the filter and it fit tight enough to pick it up and hold it into place to put it back in the filter hole. The one from the TT part store did not fit tight on the pipe. It is Bikemaster brand. All the other dimensions seem right, just not snug on the pipe on the cover. I know the spring will hold it up against the cover, but I took it off three times to make sure it did not fall off on install. Next oil change I'm back to factory Kawi. :thumbsup:

I bought an oil filter from the thumpertalk parts store and am not happy with it. The filter I took out was from a kawi dealer and it fit the cover nice and tight. You could push the cover into the rubber part of the filter and it fit tight enough to pick it up and hold it into place to put it back in the filter hole. The one from the TT part store did not fit tight on the pipe. It is Bikemaster brand. All the other dimensions seem right, just not snug on the pipe on the cover. I know the spring will hold it up against the cover, but I took it off three times to make sure it did not fall off on install. Next oil change I'm back to factory Kawi. :thumbsup:

All the more reason I stick with OEM filters. You're exacly right about the filter holding to the filter cover and I KNOW that I'm alligned correctly :thumbsup: