Sign in to follow this  

Another eg295 kit!!

Just switched over to the whole new world :thumbsup: After a long wait I finally got my engine back from Gorr on Monday and just got everything together this afternoon. I'm still doing the break in but from what I can tell, this thing pulls!!! I could not believe how much I gained from this kit! My carb is leaking gas though, so I'm going to have to pull off the carb and check the float level. Already got a number 8 slide and a jet kit ordered. I can't wait to fully ride this thing!!

I'm so jealous.

Mine is in the mail.

Did you have to mod any part of it or was it just throw it back together?

I cracked my crank so whn I called him to for a quote to rebuild the whole engine. He quoted me $1,000 for a full rebuild including the bore. I couldn't refuse him this offer so I had him rebuild the whole engine.

It noticably harder to kick the first time I kicked it, mainly because it must have taken a while to get fuel into the carb and it took me like ten kicks. Today I went for a nice, easy five mile ride. She started up first or second kick pretty easily. During the ride I stalled 3 times :thumbsup: and it was not problem getting it restarted. It's almost like you have to kick it all the way down instead of that little kick you can do on the 250.

During my ride I noticed it had great power down low but stalled more sudden than the 250. It could be because I'm not used to it yet. It seemed to have great all around throttle. The rear wheel tends to break loose a lot when you hit the throttle, but my rear tire is pretty bald too. I did notice that bog midrange that everyone else did too. I plan on doing a 20 mile ride tomorrow at a faster pace and hopefully I'll get to really play with the power.

I'm so jealous.

Mine is in the mail.

Did you have to mod any part of it or was it just throw it back together?

There is no mod required, just bolt it back on:thumbsup:

MAX!!!

^^^Awesome, you are going to love it. It is the same awesome yz just better EVERYWHERE! :thumbsup:

MAX!!!