Tapped after 2 laps!!

Ok,i ride some mx and mostly Gp's.I am a beginner and i am getting faster as im in our Nov class and i finish around 8-12th every race..My question is ,,What can i do to have more energy and last longer without being exhausted??I mean the last 2 Gp's i was tapped by the 2nd lap(granted it was 90deg outside)..But i literally had to stop for a minute to shake my hands (numb) and catch my breath..What can take or drink as a supplement??I run and work out all of the time..Any suggestions??Oh ya im riding a 300 Ktm..Im 6-1 175..Thanks

'll give you a clue. It starts with an e and ends with an e. e_e____e. It is a dirty word. :thumbsup:

exercise more especially cardio. drink water. it will stop the numbness and if you have to catch your breath after two laps you are out of shape. run or swim or bicycle. its the only way

Exercise??I do that all the time..I run about 1mi every other day..And i work out on bowflex the other days..I think im holding my breaTH and squeezing toooo hard on the grips??cause usually the first lap or two im riding way over my head trying to be "fast"..The heat and full gear isnt helping..Ill try more cardio and hydrate more..One thing i forget to mention is i do drink a cup of coffee early morning before races..I usually race around 12- or 2..(diuretic) So maybe i need to lay off the coffee and soda..I dont smoke...Anyways,thanks..Guess im looking for some kind of supplement to help stamina levels..

look the best way to get into shape for riding is for the most part riding the mx track. you can go do all the cardio you can and it will help but does not compare to mx. just turn laps

Do you lift for strength or endurance? You should be super-setting stuff and do 15-20 reps with cardio mix in. Anything 12 reps or under with a long break(a minute or more) between sets is for building muscle (off season).

get some creotine its called ravage. that shit is ridiculous. its like legal steroids bro ha

As a beginner, you are expending a lot more energy then needed when racing. Training is very important as the others said and as you gain more experience you will learn to ride more smoothly and efficiently and won't get blown out as quick. Practice-practice-practice

Don't ever take anything that has Creatine if you want to hold onto your bike longer than one lap. lol. Creatine will pump up your arms fast. You don't need big muscles to ride, you just need to build endurance in your muscles.

I do the same thing, but I know my problem is breathing. I have to focus on breathing in a race setting or I hold my breath.

+1 on not using creatine during riding season. I use creatine during the winter but cycle off when riding season comes around. The first season I raced I had horrible arm pump. I cut creatine out and it wasn't as bad. I still get it but that is a mix of my poor breathing habits and death grip on the bars.

BREATHE. and cardio.

Oki,i did 45 min GP and along with running and strength training i took some stuff in a pouch thats like a "quick-shot"..Took it right before the race and i really just never gassed out..It was in 100 deg weather too..maybe im onto something?? Now i just need to get faster..

Not to get all worst case scenario, but my boy who is 30 now and in incredible shape was always getting tired after a lap or two. He worked out harder, started noticing he was getting winded working out, walking up stairs. Anyway after a lot of tests it turned out he had a defective valve in his heart and he now has a bull valve in his heart. Lucky they can do it thru the left side and up from the stomach so they did not have to saw his sternum in half.

Few ideas, like other have said, get some training on how to ride I bet your using a lot of energy due to poor technique.

Second you need to do more cardio, 1 mile every other day isnt going to do it. Get a mountain bike and spend at least a few hours a week on it, two things about this, first your cardio will get better and second the mountain bike will help your moto skills. Cardio to be effective has to be done so you are getting you heart rate up, meaning 70-80% of your max heart rate for at least 20 minutes non-stop, there are plenty of online calculators to figure this out. I do cardio 5 days a week.

Strength, the bowflex is good and depending on your age is going to really determine how good it works for you, an old guy like me can use it and stay toned but I had one and nothing works better to gain muscle than good ole fashioned weights.

Careful with supplements, depends again what you want to do, but to stay in good shape and develop muscle and cardio a balanced diet is your best bet. These drinks out there are going to give you an instant boost but they really are not good for you, H2O is your friend.

My 02

Exercise??I do that all the time..I run about 1mi every other day..And i work out on bowflex the other days..I think im holding my breaTH and squeezing toooo hard on the grips??cause usually the first lap or two im riding way over my head trying to be "fast"..The heat and full gear isnt helping..Ill try more cardio and hydrate more..One thing i forget to mention is i do drink a cup of coffee early morning before races..I usually race around 12- or 2..(diuretic) So maybe i need to lay off the coffee and soda..I dont smoke...Anyways,thanks..Guess im looking for some kind of supplement to help stamina levels..

You would be suprised how bad you can feel if your diet is crap . Eat lots of veggies and good common sence foods . good rule of thumb if your body doesnt HAVE to have it do not eat it . example no fried chicken just chicken breast etc. Bow flex is also garbage . all the resistance is at the last 15-20% of the rep so it doesnt build muscle efficiently at all . just do high rep exercises cut out caffiene on race or ride days and eat from the food groups . and yes lots of cardio

Im not the fastest or the best in shape but i hold my own .