Sign in to follow this  

Brake problems

Okay,

changed the front hose for a braided hose, cleaned the calipers, reset the seals and reassembled. The brake fluid pumps through fine with no bubbles but I can't get any pressure in the system to move the pads, any help greatfully received before I strip it down again

Thanks

Steve:bonk:

I changed mine last week. Injected fluid from caliper to M/C. Then bleed at caliper then M/C then caliper again. Worked fine no problem:thumbsup:

Even though there's no bubble coming out from the bleeder on the caliper, doesn't mean there isn't air in the line. There is usually air stuck in the line at the bend on top on the dash. You could go through the trouble of bleeding each part, but I found the best away is to undo your brake master cylinder assembly (take it off the bar) and hold it up higher than everything else at about a 45 degree angle with the lever pointing up (This is with the reservoir closed!!!). This will ensure any air in the line will float up to the master cylinder. Tap the brake line for a bit to help those air bubbles. Wait a few moments then squeeze the lever a few times. By squeezing the brake you are letting the air bubble travel into the reservoir. Repeat if necessary. By doing it this way, you don't have to open anything up. The air will go into the reservoir where some his other air friends are at :thumbsup:

Even though there's no bubble coming out from the bleeder on the caliper, doesn't mean there isn't air in the line. There is usually air stuck in the line at the bend on top on the dash. You could go through the trouble of bleeding each part, but I found the best away is to undo your brake master cylinder assembly (take it off the bar) and hold it up higher than everything else at about a 45 degree angle with the lever pointing up (This is with the reservoir closed!!!). This will ensure any air in the line will float up to the master cylinder. Tap the brake line for a bit to help those air bubbles. Wait a few moments then squeeze the lever a few times. By squeezing the brake you are letting the air bubble travel into the reservoir. Repeat if necessary. By doing it this way, you don't have to open anything up. The air will go into the reservoir where some his other air friends are at :thumbsup:

+1...Keep pump'in to get all the air out..:thumbsup:..lol

I used a vacuum bleeder on the caliper. It sucked the air out and I was done in 10 minutes.

Steve