Sign in to follow this  

It started!!

Cheers fellas. Im quite a cautious rider on the road, I'l be on my best behavior. However next weekend when I hit the trails will be the time to blow off some steam !!

Man ...That's a lot of motor for off road.....let the good times roll....:confused:

Haha yeah that's what Eddie said when I ordered the parts. Gonna be my firetrail trench digger. :thumbsup: !

Well the 462 went well up the highway today. Seemed to run ok. No bogging but I didn't really want to lug it too much yet. Dont really know how to tell i its running lean? Pretty sure its ok.it didnt get too hot or anything. Man did I get some looks. Presumably from the demented Noise it makes now :thumbsup: It would be an understatement to say I'm happy with the build. I'm bloody stoked!! It goes like a scalded cat compared to before.

Yeah..I know what you mean..it almost feels like you are riding a different bike...:confused:

With the lighter E your power to weight ratio is very tidy....:thumbsup:

yeah ... after 4 years of dirt work i retired my 470 motor , i still have it and have had a few offers for it .

be warned ... if you ride on gravel like i do things can get loose real quick ! , in the sand you will be ok .

i find my 434 motor easier to ride on the gravel

yeah ... after 4 years of dirt work i retired my 470 motor , i still have it and have had a few offers for it .

be warned ... if you ride on gravel like i do things can get loose real quick ! , in the sand you will be ok .

Haha yeah I foun that out on my return trip. I took a gravel exit road. Next weekend I will be heading out the bush with my mates on their 450's. Should be interesting as it's quite soggy here in Tassie at the mOment. :thumbsup:.

Yeah..I am going to have to install that 434 CW kit in my E soon.....

It's been sitting out in shed for a couple of months now ,patiently waiting for someone to get off their lazy butt....:thumbsup:

Thanks for recommending Ur head guy craigo. He done a real nice job by the way.

Yeah..that's what he does, all day every day...heads , heads and more heads..:thumbsup:

Did he give you the before and after flow graphs?

got a video of that weapon? wouldn't mind hearing it. itching for a fix now that uni's started again.

Hey I'l get around to posting a video on YouTube this week sometime. I'l post the link here.

I dropped the oil and took the 462 for a bash up the tiers today. Very happy with my motor!! In 5th gear it's still pulling like 2nd or 3rd all the way to the limiter! I think it's fair to say it's going to be good at ripping knobs off new tyres :thumbsup: I wonder if there are any other 462's in Tasmania.....

I dropped the oil and took the 462 for a bash up the tiers today. Very happy with my motor!! In 5th gear it's still pulling like 2nd or 3rd all the way to the limiter! I think it's fair to say it's going to be good at ripping knobs off new tyres :thumbsup: I wonder if there are any other 462's in Tasmania.....

What parts did you end up with from Eddie?

Guessing the split the case/crank work was done here in AU?

Keen to see bigger pics on the head flow graph as I'm yet to get mine done.