Sign in to follow this  

I've got some Big Bore questions...

I've been reading about Big Bore's for years, and have always wanted to do this to my bike.

My number 1 worry is that I'm going to make my DRZ not as reliable as it is not. I know people say it really doesn't make it any less reliable, as long as you stick to a 440.

I also wish I could find a write up with pictures showing step by step how to install a BB. I've never done more than check the valves. How long does it take people on average from start to wheelie?

And I'd like to confirm that because I have an E, I don't need hot cams, right?

I have a full Muzzy, which I want to keep. It flows really well, but I can quiet it down with the spark arrester and quiet core.

For those who have done it, what other costs or parts do you need?

How does the BB change jetting? I've got a 165 main right now.

One last question. I remember reading that people feel that the BB looses high rpm HP. It was explained that it's not loosing hp, it just may feel like it because of the increase of low end tq.

Do the 440 BB's make more hp? Or is it just the increase of low end tq?

Anyone have a dyno graph?

Thanks guys.

Steve

I also wish I could find a write up with pictures showing step by step how to install a BB. I've never done more than check the valves. How long does it take people on average from start to wheelie? http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956091&p=10162718#post10162718

And I'd like to confirm that because I have an E, I don't need hot cams, right?

Yes that's correct...

I have a full Muzzy, which I want to keep. It flows really well, but I can quiet it down with the spark arrester and quiet core.

Average flow only...The SSW/MRD is the go..corking any pipe will detract from the performance

For those who have done it, what other costs or parts do you need?

Get the Cylinder Works BB kit from Eddie...That's all you need +what's included in above link+ labour cost (if applicable)

How does the BB change jetting? I've got a 165 main right now.

155mj is recommended for near sea level..

One last question.

Do the 440 BB's make more hp? Or is it just the increase of low end tq?

Both

Anyone have a dyno graph?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976007

I don't know how I missed it in the FAQ's. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the answers. What I meant with the pipe is that it flows "well" for what it is. I leave it opened up on the street, but heading into the woods, I like the ability to quiet it down. I know I loose power, but like you said, it's how it goes.

Someday I'll get an ssw/mrd. For now I'll keep the Muzzy.

Steve