BETA ALP info needed.

I believe I have a Beta Alp. It's a '97 model is what I was told. It has a removable seat, which covers the trials pad, and a little rack. It was produced as a street legal trials bike. It has a liquid cooled 352cc two stroke motor, and I can't find any info on this bike at all! Can anyone tell me anything about this bike?

www.betamotor.it Edited by haychip

The link should be betamotor.it., and the site doesn't come up. When I go to betamotor.com, all that comes up on the Alp is the new bikes which are totally different

Not sure what info you're looking for but any Beta dealer who's been in the game for a few years should be familiar with it. You can try Mountain Motorcycle in B.C. I thnk you are mistaken about the 352cc part. They were 260cc if I recall correctly.

On the base of the cylinder, and on the head "352" is cast on them. Is this a 352cc motor, or is it a casting number? This is the type of info I am looking for.

Model: Beta ALP 260

Year: 1992

Category: Enduro / offroad

Engine and transmission

Displacement: 261.00 ccm (15.93 cubic inches)

Engine type: Single cylinder, two-stroke

Power: 12.00 HP (8.8 kW)) @ 5400 RPM

Top speed: 85.0 km/h (52.8 mph)

Compression: 10.0:1

Bore x stroke: 76.0 x 57.5 mm (3.0 x 2.3 inches)

Fuel control: Membrane

Cooling system: Air

Gearbox: 6-speed

Transmission type,

final drive: Chain

Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels

Front tyre dimensions: 2.75-21

Rear tyre dimensions: 4.00-18

Front brakes: Single disc

Rear brakes: Single disc

Physical measures and capacities

Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 86.0 kg (189.6 pounds)

Fuel capacity: 5.50 litres (1.45 gallons)

Nope. Mine is liquid cooled, and that 92 looks nothing like mine. Mine looks like this one, except the rear fender is red. Mine has a removeable trail seat, and rack.

beta260synt1993.jpg

So with some more searching, I found it is a Synt-Alp 240. Here is a pic. I found. The only difference between this one, and mine is, mine has black fork uppers, and the trials seat which is covered in this pic is white, where this one is red. After the trials pad, mine is red. Any sites I found with a pic of this bike is in languages I cant read

f_39657958_1.jpeg

My '98. Interesting in that it has a different engine than the one pictured above. Mine is 260cc while apparently the Euro model has a 240....

004.jpg

and my '02, just to show what the Alp 'progressed' in to:

007.jpg

Mine has the same appearing motor as yours. Does yours have "352" cast on the lower right of the cyl., and on the head?

Mine has the same appearing motor as yours. Does yours have "352" cast on the lower right of the cyl., and on the head?

It does not.....Euro only perhaps?

Hmmm. So mine could very well be a 350cc then?

Hmmm. So mine could very well be a 350cc then?

I've never heard of any Beta having a 350 engine....but that doesn't mean such a thing doesn't exist....

The Beta Alp 4.0 uses a Suzuki DR350 engine :)