Sign in to follow this  

Any Problems with the Voyager Tach.?

I don’t know what the Vapor is like but the Voyager has 3 settings: Tach, Tach/2 and Tach*2. With the bike at idle and the unit set on tach, the rpm reads 8000. With the unit set on tach/2 it reads around 4000.

I’ve wired directly to the coil and wrapped around the plug wire with the same results. A couple guys I know tell me their Vapors have never been reliable as far as the tach. goes. Anyone else with the same problem? Thanks.

I don’t know what the Vapor is like but the Voyager has 3 settings: Tach, Tach/2 and Tach*2. With the bike at idle and the unit set on tach, the rpm reads 8000. With the unit set on tach/2 it reads around 4000.

I’ve wired directly to the coil and wrapped around the plug wire with the same results. A couple guys I know tell me their Vapors have never been reliable as far as the tach. goes. Anyone else with the same problem? Thanks.

I had the same issue, use the Tach setting and do not wrap it around the spark plug wire. cut it short and just a couple of wraps around the spade connector to the coil side.

I have it wired directly to the left side of the coil with a "piggyback" spade connector. I get the same result regardless of how it's wired.

To rule out interference, I cut the wire short enough that the heavy black insulation goes all the way to the connector.