Sign in to follow this  

Which Fat Bar bend to use with adapter risers?

I've been wanting to switch to an 1 1/8" bar on my CRF since I bought it. A friend of mine had a pair of 7/8" to 1 1/8" adapters that he gave me a good deal on, so I bought them from him. He said that they raise the bar about 3". I'm about 6'1", and was planning on going to the Carmichael bend Renthal Fat Bar, but I don't think I'd want a bar that tall if I'm using the adapters. What bend would you recommend for someone my height, bearing in mind that the adapters are raising the overall height of the bar about 3"?

One of my buddies is your height and just got new bars and mounts, he went with the pro tapermounts that replace stock and. Pt evo bars windham bend, he loves its, myself I am 5'10 use the pt mounts with pt evo cr high bend and love it

I've been wanting to switch to an 1 1/8" bar on my CRF since I bought it. A friend of mine had a pair of 7/8" to 1 1/8" adapters that he gave me a good deal on, so I bought them from him. He said that they raise the bar about 3". I'm about 6'1", and was planning on going to the Carmichael bend Renthal Fat Bar, but I don't think I'd want a bar that tall if I'm using the adapters. What bend would you recommend for someone my height, bearing in mind that the adapters are raising the overall height of the bar about 3"?

The Carmichael bend is the lowest one... If you don't want it to be too tall, that would be the way to go.

I use protaper mini hi bars with the adapters and I'm 6'1". Fit is fine when standing or seated. The only problems I've had is the twisting of the bars when I crash, they seem to twist easier since the mount is higher than stock.

The Carmichael bend is the lowest one... If you don't want it to be too tall, that would be the way to go.

Ahhh, I was backwards on that.

I'm thinking either right at about stock height, or slightly taller than stock. With the 3" raise, that would probably be about perfect.

well... RC is about 5'5 so im guessing it'd be pretty low

I had no idea how tall he was... just thought that I saw somebody say that the RC bend was higher than most.

I had no idea how tall he was... just thought that I saw somebody say that the RC bend was higher than most.

The RC bend is the lowest the Protaper makes in the EVO line. I can't even loop the number plate loop around it (with Universal full triple clamps.)

223338_1361092198376_1563690551_30934014_2715279_n.jpg

I run the Pro taper mounts with a set of EVO RC bars....I just switched from the Windham bend to the RC bend...I am short (5-6).....The RC bars are perfect for me...the Windham bend was just way to tall.......hope this info helps........