help i dont know what this is

Can you please help me with this. I think its an auto decompresser, its on a friends bike and we are trying to get it to run thanks

NewImage.jpg

Edited by mark449
link

dont know what it is but it doesnt look stock. I dont recall any 2 stroke in recent times that had a decompressor

Looks like an aftermarket decompressor.

pretty common on old flat track bikes.

Where does that tube that comes off of it go? almost looks like another spark plug.

That other tube goes to the boot that connects the carb to the motor. When you kick it over its like it has no compression, we cant get it to start even with starting fluid. It has spark. Im scratching my head about what it could be.

That other tube goes to the boot that connects the carb to the motor. When you kick it over its like it has no compression, we cant get it to start even with starting fluid. It has spark. Im scratching my head about what it could be.

I would unscrew it, find a short bolt to fit it, and then see if you have compression. KTM put an auto decompress on the 380 engines a few years ago, but they did not look like this.

That is the auto decompression device for a WR360 that R&D Husqvarna uses in their auto decomp head. I have their head and that device on my 360 and it works great. That being said this home made head attachment looks suspect. It is already leaking and it is really hard to say if it is sano on the inside. The decompression valve works on intake vacuum. As soon as their is vacuum build up the suction shuts the little valve. I would pull the head and the device and check operation. Don't throw it away as when working it is great.

What Wally said,

A reinvented rendition of a WR360 auto decomp head from R&D Husky Australia.

My old mans Victa lawn mower used to have one of these decompressors on it, believe it or not!!

ENGINE-WOOHOO.jpg

Anyone know where I can purchase just the compression release valve? Mine has gone bad and I need a new one. I realize I can just plug that hole up and the bike will run fine, but my god does it suck to kick without that release.

E-mail R&D Husqvarna in Australia. I got one to use on another head and sold it to someone in need. They are great and very easy to deal with. My de-comp head beat my 360 to Montana from Arizona. Shipped at the same time.

DubDub,

That motor is just too clean. How much to ship it to the States.

I have a shifter cart project going that would pull some serious hole shots with that motor mounted up.

DubDub,

That motor is just too clean. How much to ship it to the States.

I have a shifter cart project going that would pull some serious hole shots with that motor mounted up.

Thanks for the offer Wally, it did come up well. :thumbsup:

but unfortunately for you it does have a home, in my 00 WR360. I've nearly finished the restoration.

I did take your advice on opening up the manifold block.

14032011106.jpg

Looks great. I went with 04 centenial graphics on mine, but I like how clean yours looks without the large 100.