Sign in to follow this  

Jetting for Northern Alberta

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some jetting advice (not sure if it was better in this forum or the jetting forum).

I just bought a 2007 DR-Z400SM (only 2112 km!) and it is bone stock (stock air filter, stock exhaust). I will be doing the 3x3 mod once I get some time and I want to make sure I have the jetting as close as possible.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta where average summer temperature is around 17C (62F), elevation is 668 metres (2191 feet), dry humid climate. I will be mainly be commuting with it with maybe the occasional track day or dirt day.

I plan on doing some trips to the coast (Vancouver) if that affects the potential settings).

The JD jet kit and the extended fuel mixture screw just arrived from the TT store.

This will be the only mod I'll do to the bike power wise (I wasn't going to do it but everyone said it is a must do).

Thanks in advance for the jetting settings.

150-155mj,blue needle 3 or 4th clip,set your fuel screw after reading the "how to comfirm your pilot circut" in the FAQ's

I just bought a 2007 DR-Z400SM (only 2112 km!) and it is bone stock (stock air filter, stock exhaust). I will be doing the 3x3 mod once I get some time and I want to make sure I have the jetting as close as possible.

It's not clear to me from your post but the jetting recomendations for the JD kit will assume you have done the 3x3 cut to the air box at the same time.

Haha, yeah the dry humid is a little weird. I just searched "average humidity in Edmonton" and that's what they came up with. I would consider it a dry area (don't know exact percentage). Thanks for the help everybody.

I'm in grande prairie, close to the same elevation and temp. I'm running a stock S with 3x3 JD blue needle 4th clip 155 main jet 25 pilot jet with stock fuel mixture screw 2.5 turns out and it runs great. A friend of mine with his DRZ is running the same jetting as mine with good results.