Sign in to follow this  

2009 RMZ450 Wheel on a 2003 RM250???

Right, I thought of that. I wonder if stock 03 bearings, seals and spacers will fit? I'll keep shopping around. I found a 2000 rear wheel on ebay for $200.

I've got an 03 also. I found a set, front and rear for $200 from another 03. Guy was local but the wheels were on ebay. I messenged him that if they didn't sell I'd come over and pay cash. Some reason nobody bid and I have a spare set for my sand tires now. I'd consider it lucky but proves possibility.

Looked a little further into the RMZ possibility and they use a different brake rotor. Sprocket is the same but offsets may be an issue. Use some caution.

They dont fit. The axle size is different which is not the main issue. The brake rotor is different which is also not an issue as you can use RMZ one.

The problem is the width between the sprocket and rotor flanges and the offset.

The RMZ flanges are 1/4" wider apart than the RM.

The only way to make them fit is by machining down the flange where the sprocket bolts to which I personally was not keen on doing. Wont leave enough meat there and the last thing I want when riding balls out is the rear sprocket breaking free from the hub

They dont fit. The axle size is different which is not the main issue. The brake rotor is different which is also not an issue as you can use RMZ one.

The problem is the width between the sprocket and rotor flanges and the offset.

The RMZ flanges are 1/4" wider apart than the RM.

The only way to make them fit is by machining down the flange where the sprocket bolts to which I personally was not keen on doing. Wont leave enough meat there and the last thing I want when riding balls out is the rear sprocket breaking free from the hub

Right, I've pretty much lost hope in this project. I guess I'll just keep swapping out my paddle. I'm going to keep my eyes open though, wouldn't it be nice...lol

i was thinking the same thing i have a new set of wheels off my 09 rmz wanted to put them on my 01 rm 250 now iam thinking its not gonna work right?