RITES of SPRING

Michigan

Who's gonna be there.

I will be there. My plan is to set up my stuff right next to the sicass racing guys.

When is it:p

When is it:p

This weekend, I believe.

This weekend, I believe.

Yes it is, i was just testing him:thumbsup:

where is this happening at i might be able to make it

where is this happening at i might be able to make it

Lincoln hills loop

Staging area for ride

Hoxeyville Music site

11130 West 481/2 Road

Wellston, MI 49689

Had a good time at the ROS. Rode the Lincoln Hills loop twice; it was in good shape. The trail maintenance crew must be top notch! They didn't get the groomed through there so there were some whooped out sections....

From what I gathered attendance was down quite a bit. There were some vendors there, myself included, even the BMW bike store from GR was there. The GAS GAS dealer was there with a shiny new 2011 250 2t.

Had a good time at the ROS. Rode the Lincoln Hills loop twice; it was in good shape. The trail maintenance crew must be top notch! They didn't get the groomed through there so there were some whooped out sections....

From what I gathered attendance was down quite a bit. There were some vendors there, myself included, even the BMW bike store from GR was there. The GAS GAS dealer was there with a shiny new 2011 250 2t.

I wish I would have went just to see the GasGas, as far as I can tell they are like a Sasquatch around here, can't really prove they exist. Did you get any seat time on it?

I wish I would have went just to see the GasGas, as far as I can tell they are like a Sasquatch around here, can't really prove they exist. Did you get any seat time on it?

No, I was having too much fun on the Husky. Just put a Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch on it, and an FMF Gnarly.:confused: I'll get a chance sooner or later. BTW, the GAS GAS dealer is in Dearborn so not too far from you.:thumbsup:

We had fun too, only got in 23 miles, wanted more but, side kick had enough.

Thanks for the OIL, J

No, I was having too much fun on the Husky. Just put a Revloc Dyna-Ring auto clutch on it, and an FMF Gnarly.:confused: I'll get a chance sooner or later. BTW, the GAS GAS dealer is in Dearborn so not too far from you.:thumbsup:

Really! Before the only one was out in Waterford, huh, have to check that out, that is if they actually have bikes in their showroom.

Edited by nuudle8
spelling
Really! Before the only one was out in Waterford, huh, have to check that out, that is if they actually have bikes in their showroom.

He's getting some bikes in. Give him a shout.:thumbsup: Also, for those of use that are vertically challenged, the Gassers are about an 1 to 1.5 inches shorter than most other bikes....

We had fun too, only got in 23 miles, wanted more but, side kick had enough.

LOL, if he wasn't such a girly man he would have ridden more.:confused:

Thanks for the OIL, J

No sweat. Didn't have a very good day on the vendor side (attendance was down), but the trail riding side was great. :thumbsup:

You mean SAMSQUANCH ???

Bubbles.bmp

The event was fun, however I don't think the folks at Kestlewoods Campground knew how much fiber dirtbike riders eat :confused::thumbsup:. The bathrooms were blown up each morning, but promptly fixed. Nice clean campground without a doubt though.

I went up with some friends and we did the Lincoln Hills loop only on Saturday and had a lot of fun. We were really surprised that the riding conditions were so good considering the amount of rain we've had. We then split Sunday morning to hit Evart on the way back home. The trail was pretty dry as well, even dusty, with only a few spots of water, nothing serious.

Ok, now to step up on a soapbox and rant a little. I am a CCC member, but not part of the board, and have no desire to be so. I just need to vent some frustration.

One thing that bothers me though is that it seems that a lot of riders show up and don't necessarily register, they just camp and ride for free. It sure seemed like there were a lot more than 250ish bikes between the 2 camping areas.

I do acknowledge that these ARE free trails, and that everyone has a right to ride them whenever it is legal to do so. I also realize that money is tight for a lot of folks, myself included and paying dues, and event fees sucks. It is hard, but I do it to keep our sport alive through the work the CCC does.

It is really crappy to piggyback on all the hard work that the CCC does to set up these rides. By not paying registration fees, it only hurts the club that does so much to keep the trails open. Please register if you are going to ride at the events. Thanks.

OK, rant is over. I am not trying to start a war or anything, just my thoughts.

When I was involved with Rites of Spring run from Whiskey Creek (~1000 riders) the on-the-ground counts showed very little freeloaders. Saw the same for the events we held as CCC Chapters (not involved with them for better than 4 years now).

While times change, there were allegations of many freeloaders for as long as anyone could remember for most any event, but when there were actual counts such as manned road crossings checking for stickers, the numbers were pretty low. Like less than 20 in 1000 and those could be trimmed down further with legit "really not part of the event" riders.

(I wasn't at this ride so no idea what the actual was, bummer if there really was that many freeloaders).

I agree that if you are riding in a paid event, you should be paid/registered. If you don't, there's a good chance such events won't continue to be available.

Wow - 250 riders.

I'm a CCC member, I don't ride any of the events, I used to back in the 70's. I pay my membership dues every year and contribute extra money just so we can still have trails to ride. Okay now I'll take some of the soap out of my box (haha) , seriously though we are lucky to have a group like the CCC in our state.

Man I used to love Whiskey Creek, good times!

Man I used to love Whiskey Creek, good times!

New owners are really changing the place, should be interesting to see how things turn out. We've been running an AMA Nat dual sport out of there for the last four years now. Took this year off to let the new owners get acquainted before holding another Nat there (probably next year).