Has anyone been running stealthy Flywheel weight on there X?

I have been considering buying the stealty 10 oz Flywheel for my 06 450x-I love the bike in most conditions but find it prone to stalling when it gets slow and tight-I dont really want to gear down to much because the bike then feels like it needs another gear when I get out on open stretches-So I was hoping somebody may have be running fly wheel weight and can give me an idea of how it effects the bikes performance-Mainly how much snap you loose to try and gain more more low speed tractibility?I do have the JD kit already also it has helped but the bike is still made to run more than crawl just trying to find a happy medium-Any info would be appriciated

I have been considering buying the stealty 10 oz Flywheel for my 06 450x-I love the bike in most conditions but find it prone to stalling when it gets slow and tight-I dont really want to gear down to much because the bike then feels like it needs another gear when I get out on open stretches-So I was hoping somebody may have be running fly wheel weight and can give me an idea of how it effects the bikes performance-Mainly how much snap you loose to try and gain more more low speed tractibility?I do have the JD kit already also it has helped but the bike is still made to run more than crawl just trying to find a happy medium-Any info would be appriciated

Are you talking 'flame-out' or just plain stalling?

A flywheel weight helps with both, but the stock header is part of the problem. It is restrictive, and creates a flat spot on the bottom.

Proper leakjet/ apump adjustment and fuel screw adjustment are also part of it.

I am not sure it just isn't forgiving at all if I lose my line or momentum in the slow stuff-If I am riding a trail that will have a series of obstacles I will hop up one but not have much forward momentum either comes on hard or stalls no controlled transition-Flat spot I will roll up to a hill and go to peg it and get a sputtered or hesitation the "bam"Hard hit OC ?I know I need a carb tweaking but only notice problems in this area-No popping or backfiring or lean behavior that I notice anywhere else.

I put the heavy trail-tech in mine. Some guy's are change weights for different conditions. I can lift ft. wheel when ever I want and the bike makes enough power to spin the rear tire if you WFO. I like my bike better. I ride east Ohio and Ky. It never stalls with out warning or a mistake from me. Before it was like you are talking about, stalling when crossing logs or slow speeds.

How would you say it changed the power delivery of the bike ?I am willing to give up a little snap for a more predictible ride but not trying to make it an xr 400 either if that makes sense ?-I was leaning towards the stealthy just due to the fact it was a little lighter than the trail tech for my area-I ride stuff that changes from wo desert to tight tech and single track all on the same trail-I read a few posts and opinions but just wanting a hands on opinion of trail time with fly wheel weight pros and cons .

My '08 was a "staller", and I too, feel the bike is under geared (except in first). My successful answer to the problem was to instal a Rekluse! Problem solved, and stock gearing maintained!

El Mur.

Trail Tech here also, IIRC its 17 ounces heavier than stock? I have their 130 amp alternator setup, along with a TRX450 piston. I thought when I was installing all of this it would be a dog, but now its fricken perfect. My mods to date are, FMF Mega Bomb, FMF Q4, 04 450R cam, Honda Off Road air box mod, rejetted, TRX450 piston, and Trail Techs 130 amp alt, with their flywheel, IIRC the TT tech, told me it was like +17 ounces. While it slowed it down some in the snappiness, took most all of its hit out, it pulls like a John Deere field tractor. I have yet to flame it out this spring, now its the oppisite, it doesnt want to stall, but it just keeps pulling and pulling.

Trail Tech here also, IIRC its 17 ounces heavier than stock? I have their 130 amp alternator setup, along with a TRX450 piston. I thought when I was installing all of this it would be a dog, but now its fricken perfect. My mods to date are, FMF Mega Bomb, FMF Q4, 04 450R cam, Honda Off Road air box mod, rejetted, TRX450 piston, and Trail Techs 130 amp alt, with their flywheel, IIRC the TT tech, told me it was like +17 ounces. While it slowed it down some in the snappiness, took most all of its hit out, it pulls like a John Deere field tractor. I have yet to flame it out this spring, now its the oppisite, it doesnt want to stall, but it just keeps pulling and pulling.

I agree, I also put in a auto clutch but the fly wheel weight was a better mod IMO.

After I rode my buddies orange 530 it just came to me that for what I was riding in I needed more flywheel. It made it more like the 530, not slow but more friendly.

I agree, I also put in a auto clutch but the fly wheel weight was a better mod IMO.

After I rode my buddies orange 530 it just came to me that for what I was riding in I needed more flywheel. It made it more like the 530, not slow but more friendly.

Yea, Rekluse gives you two things, a bit more flywheel weight, or the feel of it, due to added rotating mass. Plus the "anti-stall" characteristics help a bunch. The scenario of the OP, where you're on/off the gas for obstacles in tight conditions is sooo much easier now, has made me a much better rider in those situations and I don't dread them when I come up on them like I used to.

I've been using the 9 oz steahly for 3 years with great results.

The flywheel alone will not help with your stalling issues. Aside from rejetting, I keep the idle higher. Instead of 1700, I went up to 1900-2000. This helps keep the engine from stalling by reducing compression braking as the rpms get lower and lower. I tend to compression brake instead of using the rear brake more often than not. This helps tremendously.

As for snap. I always thought the X had plenty of it and even with the weight it still does. In the woods, I do not notice the 9 oz difference. All I know is I flow though the trees a little smoother because compression braking is slightly reduced when I'm slowing down to thread in and out of the trees.