Sign in to follow this  

shortened 2011 silencer

i layed my bike down in a corner the other day and the pipe landed on my boot which dented it up quite a bit, i was think about cutting it off a couple of inches to get rid of the dents and hide the pipe behind the number plate. wondering if anyone has done this and if not what is your opinion? i know my 2011 is quiet enough to begin with so im not worried about it if it gets a little bit louder.

it could possibly throw your mapping off a little.. theres no O2 sensor so it cant read what you did unless you have a tuner.

it may not but its a possibility

but it would look sweet lol

why would it choke it up more if anything should it not be more flow? and the worst that could happen is me having to buy a 500+ exhaust :thumbsup:

they use the volume of the muffler canister to fudge the flow out of the tiny final exit. The can volume can store some of the exhaust under pressure while it leaks out the hole in the back. The smaller the can, the smaller the store room is.

it would be like a shorty style muffler haha i have done it before on KTM 250s and 450s carberated bikes and it opened up the power band from bottom to top ,

not sure how it wold mess up the efi any more then adding a slip on

try it let us know how u like it

here is a 450 ktm that i did

2010-12-29_17-05-34_134.jpg