Sign in to follow this  

Pro-X steel intake valves - Need Help

I just started installing Pro-X steel intake valves that come with springs. The springs that came with it are about 1/4" shorter than the stock springs and they don't have quite a big enough ID.

Did I get the wrong springs?

Any experience?

Thanks for the help.

I think I answered my own question. The springs will fit over the mating parts when pushed with a little pressure. They are shorter, but stiffer, so I think I have the correct springs.

did you get your seats recut?has nothin to do with the fit of your springs but it might give you issues after putting it all back together if you didnt

I didn't get the seats cut. I decided to try lapping the steel valves. The lapping looked good. The bike runs great. We'll see how long they last.

I just started installing Pro-X steel intake valves that come with springs. The springs that came with it are about 1/4" shorter than the stock springs and they don't have quite a big enough ID.

Did I get the wrong springs?

Any experience?

Thanks for the help.

They didnt have a big enough ID? What was interfering with the springs when you put them in place?

I would double check them. I just installed the same exact kit in my 04 250X. I didn't really pay attention to the length difference, but the new springs dropped right into place. Normally drag on the springs is not a good thing.

Two rides on the new top end and all is good so far!!!:thumbsup: