Sign in to follow this  

husaberg fe 570

my 08 husky te 450 is on its last year [for me anyways],so im thinking of going orange to a 450 exc.the magazines say the 530 is almost like the 450 but with more torque.i do all types of riding and some of it is on nasty single track on sides of mountians where a big bike is not needed.but ive heard the 530 isnt that diffrent from the 450.so im thinking the husaberg 570 sounds awesome to me.is it too big for tight nasty single track,and tight woods type trails ? and yes im in california and need a street legal dual sport,or id get a 300 two strioke,thanks

I have a '10 'Berg FE450 and it craves ugly trails. The 570 is indeed street legal and if you want that license plate, it would be an awesome ride. There are some air injection things and such to remove, no big deal. The 570 is literally the same as my 450, just with a bigger jug on it. I have not ridden one, but I hear they have arm stretching power and are very close to the 450 as far as manageability goes. The gearing is nice and wide ratio, 1st is low and 6th is tall.

A great resource for these bikes is the Husaberg forum on KTM Talk, and the Husaberg.org forum.

I'm in So California about 10 miles from the border. One of our local dealers just started carrying 2011 Husaberg's, and has already sold two FE 570's and one SM 570. They put out tremendous power and I dont think they would be a handful at all, except maybe on a goat trail. But then it would probably be more about my lack of balance, than the bike being too big.

JP Motorsports in Chula Vista has a complete line, and is the dealer I speak of above. I've a tried and true Husqvarna man myself, but the new Husabergs could change that. And the plate is good too. Give them a call. They got 9 Husabergs in two weeks ago, and are down to to six now. Three more guys are running apps through for two FE 570's and an FX 450 as of today.

And I found an after market site to buy larger tanks, increasing the fuel amount to either 3.1 or 4.1 gallons. The 3.1 fits inside the frame rails in place of the stock 2.1 tank.:thumbsup:

Hi Retro,

what is the webb site about the larger tanks

I'm interested

Waters:thumbsup:

I have ridden the FE390/450 and 570. Very similar bike each with more power than the last ending int he beast 570. It's a real nice bike and GOBS of power but might be a handful on lots of tight stuff. Have also rode the KTM 450 and 530 a lot as my buddies have them. I prefer the 530 for some reason, just feels better to me but yes, those are very similar.

Well I whent in to get a new 530 and ended up with a 570 it is a big bike but with the 70% head all the rotating mass is down so low it feels lighter than my exc450 and with way more power also with the sub tank on and not having to have the big wide bulkey desert tank is great and dont get me started about the FE I never want a carburated bike again

I ride my 2010 Fe570 on tight single track and it is a great bike.

Heavier bikes have a different style necessary to handle them in tight stuff. With the Berg especially you have to learn to brake-slide the rear around before you get on the gas. It's kind of a "point and shoot" method. It took me a long time to really "gel" to my Berg with it's different feel, but it works in it's own way.

Heavier bikes have a different style necessary to handle them in tight stuff. With the Berg especially you have to learn to brake-slide the rear around before you get on the gas. It's kind of a "point and shoot" method. It took me a long time to really "gel" to my Berg with it's different feel, but it works in it's own way.

Interesting, many of the bike scribes say that the beauty of the 'Berg is its great traction in the corners, which would be a different approach to turning the bike than you have noted. Could it be how you like your bike setup, or possibly the "tall in the rear" feeling of this 'Berg chassis?

I have yet to ride my new 'Berg so I can't as of yet comment on how mine will be setup...

Interesting, many of the bike scribes say that the beauty of the 'Berg is its great traction in the corners, which would be a different approach to turning the bike than you have noted. Could it be how you like your bike setup, or possibly the "tall in the rear" feeling of this 'Berg chassis?

I have yet to ride my new 'Berg so I can't as of yet comment on how mine will be setup...

Ya I've heard that alot too. It's just not true is all I can say. With more of the weight in the rear (gas) it handles more like an old heavy rear wheel drive car from the 70's.ha. Very predictable, but not well balanced for cornering. Now I can crack the throttle on a flat corner and pitch that thing like a flat-tracker with superb control unlike other bikes, and it's placeability is good, but it just doesn't plant well and hates single track ruts. If the EFI throttle response wasn't so smooth, the bike wouldn't be nearly as competitive for that reason.