Bolt stuck...grrr

Hi all, been reading along time and decided to change out my right side crank seal beARing 9not going to great.

I'm stuck at loosening the bolt out of the gear infronmt of the seal...any ideas??

0428011943.jpg

Thanks

an impact did not touch it? perhaps it was locktited, feed it a bit of heat, it will loosen the locktite, it will come with an impact. if you don't have one, you are going to need to block the clutch with something soft like a penny or similar.

Use an air impact and make sure that about whether it is a righthand or lefthand threaded fastener.

You are planning on taking the engine out of the frame so that you can split the centercases to get to the bearing, right?

yeh< I already tried blocking it and broke a small piece in the lower left corner....(made me sick)

I will borrow and impact tomarrow i guess. but a rachet or double wrench with hammer don't touch it

an impact did not touch it? perhaps it was locktited, feed it a bit of heat, it will loosen the locktite, it will come with an impact. if you don't have one, you are going to need to block the clutch with something soft like a penny or similar.

i have the same problem with my rmz. i put the motor back in the frame, put a big screwdriver in the rod to keep it from turning, got a huge cheater bar, and ended up breaking the screwdriver into 3 pieces:bonk:

You can put a penny in the gear with the clutch basket in there to hold it from turning. Or if the piston is still in the cylinder you can use one of those steahly lockup tools (piece of plastic screwed in spark plug hole to keep the piston from moving) This is the best way to keep the gear from moving, but you only really need this for reassembly torqing.

The best method for removal is simply an air impact gun.