What are the longest lasting friction plates?

I have a KDX220. What brand is best? Barnett? EBC? OEM?

I think they are all really good. If I remember right, I have EBC in my clutch, but can't remember for sure. It's been several years. One thing to make your clutch last a long time is to change the gear oil often.

Little Jeff

All 3 are the best. Just don't buy Tusk and expect them to last or perform well. LOL

We run EBC in all ours after the OEMs need replacement and never had any issues. There's a pic of my sons 100's OEM plates using ATF type F. With over 50 races and 2 years of first learning to ride a bike, then racing and riding hrs upon hrs upon hrs, they were only worn .001" from OEM spec.

tusk i heard are crap.

i think EBC is good. my only beef with EBC is having to adjust the clutch each time before i ride and as the transmission heated up. other than that it worked great

Hinson doesnt suggest barnett because the kevlar material is hard on the transmission i guess, thats what they told me when i called, and they suggested using OEM stuff.

ive gotten good use out of my OEM stuff and have never needed to adjust the clutch as it heated up

I used an aftermarket clutch once. OEM for me!

All 3 are the best. Just don't buy Tusk and expect them to last or perform well. LOL

We run EBC in all ours after the OEMs need replacement and never had any issues. There's a pic of my sons 100's OEM plates using ATF type F. With over 50 races and 2 years of first learning to ride a bike, then racing and riding hrs upon hrs upon hrs, they were only worn .001" from OEM spec.

I put the tusk in my cr125 and cr250 and they have lasted a long time and work great. :thumbsup:

What do you call a long time? I ran in them my sons 125. They lasted a good 2 months of riding/racing before I was forced to change. I can't complain too much. Since they were hanging on a friends wall and I needed them in a pinch, they did the job. But they needed alot of adjusting which a racers doesn't have time to do in a MX race. He has quick adjust and would give a turn over the bigger jumps. Kind of a PITA. So I quickly got some good ones for him.

But I won't complain about OEM either. I've seen those last a long long time with proper oils changes.

Yeah, we don't race. And we've only been out riding 3 times in the last year. :confused:

To the op, better go with the better brands. :thumbsup: