To Rekluse or not to rekluse

Hey guys....clutch is shot on my 04 CRF250R....was considering going rekluse.

I am new to riding and ride only tracks with it. I am looking to go rekluse maybe as I have heard some guys say it helped them improve their lap times and a little less worries when taking off etc etc.

Anyone have experience with rekluse on a MX track? Was it worth it?

It still has all the benefits of a normal clutch but more....

Any info is appreciated

Mack

Mack

I had a rekluse in my 05, and loved it, put it in my 07, loved it, my daughter has one in her 08 and loves it and I now have one in my 2010. So I guess you can say I'm a believer in their product

Great bunch of guys to deal with at Rekluse, their tech service is second to none.

Cheers

Greg

Which clutch do you use? I was looking at the EXP or the Core EXP. What do you do if the friction material wears on the EXP? Do you have to buy another 400 dollar clutch?

Which clutch do you use? I was looking at the EXP or the Core EXP. What do you do if the friction material wears on the EXP? Do you have to buy another 400 dollar clutch?

Good question! The friction material on the EXP and Core EXP discs are not the same compound as your standard friction plates. It's a different material with about 5 times the life. (it does not have the same coefficient of friction however.) There is a rebuild kit available if necessary.

IdahoJoe

I just bought the Z start pro. Shipping it out overnight to go riding on Wednesday. The EXP appears to be back ordered at the places I have looked. Cannot see paying 800 for the core exp setup. I am just a weekend rider, and typically run on MX tracks. I wish I had this setup 2 weeks ago. Went to an open ride at Log Road in Michigan. The track rutted up very fast and I could only do three laps from a clapped out left clutch arm. I could not move my fingers. At one point I dropped my bike and I did everything I could to dig into the sand to pull the clutch lever. It wore the crap out of me. I could barely hold in the clutch. I hope these things work as good as they say.

I will not be telling my son about this. He will want one on his KX65.?

Mack

Mine were (are) Z start pro models and i have never had any problems with the friction plates in any of them. Basically installed it in the bikes and forgot about it

Greg

Just got the Z start pro installed. Is it normal to have no slack on the clutch lever at idle? The slack goes away when throttle is applied. i know the instructions tell you to set the clutch lever free play at .5" with 1/2 throttle. So is it suppose to have no tension when the throttle is not applied. It feels like pure return spring with no throttle.

works great! I putted around the lawn like on a trial bike. First time I have ever seen rad fluid come out of the overflow.

?

That's correct, at idle there should be no resistance. When you apply throttle (approx 4 thousand RPM ) your clutch should firm up to the same as if you were using a regular manual clutch. Adjust as normal at that time.

Greg

Just got the Z start pro installed. Is it normal to have no slack on the clutch lever at idle? The slack goes away when throttle is applied. i know the instructions tell you to set the clutch lever free play at .5" with 1/2 throttle. So is it suppose to have no tension when the throttle is not applied. It feels like pure return spring with no throttle.

works great! I putted around the lawn like on a trial bike. First time I have ever seen rad fluid come out of the overflow.

?

sounds like its set right or about right...it might be slipping a little too much if your bike is over heating...clutch slip = heat