LTZ400 mods help.

Hello. I just bought a 2004 LTZ400 4 wheeler. ? All stock, low hours. Any mods/fixes I should do to it from this site? I have a KLX400 and have been doing lots of fixes/mod thanks to this site. So what do you think, stator/flywheel loctite fix, primary nut fix, water pump fix, free power mod, would the 3X3 air box mod apply?

Thanks

Brian

You can put one on if it doesn't.

http://www.ctracing.com/z400_kfx4001.htm

Cant find it right now but, seen a 55hp dyno run from a 485 ltz it's lacking an exhaust big time.

Eddie can do all this for you also I have been saving, this is my next toy!

The drivetrain will sap some rear wheel HP on ltz's...

Yeah..just get Eddie to do your performance mods....?

If you're going to be doing any serious riding on rocky trails skid plates are a must. Full skids would be best but you're gonna need a strong aluminum swing arm skid at the very least because the plastic one gets beat up really quick. and the pro circuit T-4 is a pretty quiet exhaust and helps a good bit in the power department

Thanks guys! Although Eddie is da man, I don't mind doing the work myself. Anyone know if the 3X3 mod should be done too? Or just a kn airfilter cover/jet kit? I'm not looking to make it any louder, so no pipe.

Thanks again

Brian

Sorry I am not that familiar with your model.....I would think that the jet kit for your specific model would have directions in reference to airbox mods required...

if you are going to keep stock LTZ exhaust, dont bother with other power mods. one thing a lot of guys do for "stock" engine machines to wake it up a little is a 13t front sprocket.

a clamp on air filter would be a good idea, the stock one lets dirt pass by the flange.