'03 CR250 - carbon reeds and no TPS ???

Last night I bought an '03 CR250. The bike looks real clean and obviously doesn't have much time on it. :thumbsup:

I ripped it apart tonight to get a closer look at stuff and noticed that the reeds are carbon - do these come with stock carbon fiber reeds, or has somebody replaced them?

The Mikuni TMX carb doesn't have any wires leading to it - I assumed this bike would have TPS. Did somebody swap carbs, or did these come without TPS?

Thanks.

carbon reeds are not stock they are a good upgrade more suited for higher reving as the don't flutter that much. as far as the tps i could be wrong but i think that came back to the cr's in 04

carbon reeds are not stock they are a good upgrade more suited for higher reving as the don't flutter that much. as far as the tps i could be wrong but i think that came back to the cr's in 04

OK, thanks.

'03 has no tps.

'03 has no tps.

Thanks.

I've heard of some 2004 CR250s that came w/out TPS...imo, the TPS is a hit or miss for the 2004 yrs. FOr sure, the 2005 on up cr2s, they ALL came with it.

Be advised that the TMX carb w/out TPS is a completely different carb than the TMX w/ TPS. The slides are different, the bodies are shaped different, and the way you would jet these two would also be different. IMO, it's those TMX carbs w/out the TPS that gets the greatest bang when they're replaced w/ a PWK. because these non-TPS carbs just seems more difficult (mainly due to the flat slide) to jet than the TMX's w/ TPS (revised to an oval slide, just like the PWK).

I've heard of some 2004 CR250s that came w/out TPS...imo, the TPS is a hit or miss for the 2004 yrs. FOr sure, the 2005 on up cr2s, they ALL came with it.

Be advised that the TMX carb w/out TPS is a completely different carb than the TMX w/ TPS. The slides are different, the bodies are shaped different, and the way you would jet these two would also be different. IMO, it's those TMX carbs w/out the TPS that gets the greatest bang when they're replaced w/ a PWK. because these non-TPS carbs just seems more difficult (mainly due to the flat slide) to jet than the TMX's w/ TPS (revised to an oval slide, just like the PWK).

Thanks for the info. I am going to try sticking with the stock TMX. I've ordered a power now insert, which I'm hoping will make it a little easier to jet...