Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki let me down!

They said no dice to looking at or fixing my transmission. After getting peices out of the magnetic drain plug. Suzuki said they will not because the 2010's were having crazy issues so they updated the scabby parts. 3rd and 4th gear were updated for 2011 but guess what, there is more issues in that tranny than the gears. the selector drum is a peice of shit, will groove, and a la false neutral. detent spring is weak. I have contacted dealers all over BC and AB and there is a large number of problems. I dont hate the bike but im dissapointed that suzuki cant get their shit together, the transmission issues date back to 2007 for ****s sake. Not only that, this is a SERIOUS SERIOUS safety issue. All you guys can chime in and be like mine is sweet blah blah blah. Suzuki hardly sells any bikes compared to honda, and there is a huge number of complaints. I will never buy another peice of garbage suzuki again. On the plus side my buddy owes me 800 and hes a mechanic from MMI, hes got my bike fixed. He said the amount of wear in my transmission was fairly concerning. I have all maintenance records and used the highest quality lubricants. He said there was without a doubt a flaw when this bike was put together, and this isnt the only suzuki hes had to tear down. If you guys start getting neutral id inform suzuki, its the only way they can fix their problem, make a stink about it. its dangerous. And somebody was on here saying you have to get the transmission coated and re ground or something, whoever that was, was right on the money, these are sub par components. Suzuki can suuuck deeeez nuts!

i hear you on the suz. the last one i had was 1992. never got the update notice that the pistons were disintegrating. 10 hours in not one piece of the piston was bigger than a dime. i needed everything crank and all. my friend owned a susuki dealership and could not get anything done even with the recall so he said i might have a better chance he gave me the head of american susuki and the guy was a dick. at the end when i new i wasnt getting anything i call him an ass and said i woud never buy a susuki again and i never did. i just rode one for the first time since 1992 the 2011 rmz250

My gears were coming apart, even 3rd and 4th, the updated peices. Thats where i was getting the false neutrals. When you start getting them even without noticing peices in your oil. It can result in a full transmission failure. Id be careful, and it aint cheap to fix. $1500 to fix, if i was planning to run this bike for a while id get the gears and everything cryod. just think of it this way, your wide open in third, shift to 4th and get neutral at about 11 thousand RPM and then it slugs into gear. You dont have to be an engineer to realize thats not good for it. And i dont give a shit what anyone says, ive been digging and calling people for the past 3 weeks. Ya so you dont hear about the issues on thumpertalk, they are out there and they are happening. The dealers are also told not to say anything. When i bought my bike i was told there have never been any issues with the tranny(after i read all the stories on the 10), and when i called and told him, he was like shit not again. And he was straight up with me said they try and sweep this stuff under the rug, its not good for buisness. But ya its happend.

$1500 to fix. Man someone is F***ing rippin you off. I can get the 3-4 gear new for $70 and the shift drum for $90. Then I would send them out and get them cryo treated.

It doesnt cost anywhere close to $1500. $400 max.

Ya they tried to rip me off! That was with labour. I dont have time to be doing that project. Anyways its done im done with suzuki i already have a new machine, not suzuki. Just wanted to give people a heads up without sounding too negative. Cheers!

Man thats crazy what they charge. Definately a little profit on there part. :thumbsup: Makes me so glad I can do this crap myself. I would never trust a dealer to even change the coolant on my bikes.

Ya they tried to rip me off! That was with labour. I dont have time to be doing that project. Anyways its done im done with suzuki i already have a new machine, not suzuki. Just wanted to give people a heads up without sounding too negative. Cheers!

WELL... you did a good job of not sounding too negative!!!!! Now pich up a honda so you can come back crying about how the head needs a rebuild....again

Very disappointing to hear Suzuki did not come to the party. Kind of expected I guess. I love my Suzuki's but this shit is not good to hear.

The sport is dangerous enough and to throw in a faulty tranny that could give you a false neutral? This is not good. I would rather fix a head than to hopefully walk away from a header because my bike hit a false neutral.

Well my bike has yet to be ridden, Anyone want to buy a brand new RM-Z250?

If you are that worried about it just pull the suspect parts out and have them treated. After that they will be stronger than any oem gearbox on the market. Oh and you cant have a false neutral on a bike you never ride.:thumbsup: Some people worry to much.

This is getting kind of funny...

I've owned many bikes and every brand but Kawi and have had the bike at some point or another hit a false neutral. The Suzuki transmission has so far actually been one of the better shifting bikes I have owned. If the bike gives me any problems, I will put a stiffer detent spring in, look over the gears and replace whats needed...not really that difficult.

I know hitting a false neutral is not what any one needs, but what about all the times my old carburated 4 strokes stumbled on me and sent me over the bars? Or has anyone ever snapped a chain? I've heard cases of numerous bikes grenading on the face of a jump. Anything can happen, but I chose not to live in fear....crappy way to live IMO.

Well said^^. Ive owned lots of bikes too that includes a few Maico's. No im not that old. I have had many Suzukis and they have been very reliable for me. The only bikes I have ever really had major concers with was my yamahas. Had trans issues with them.

Quite often its the gunner not the gun

My 2010 runs hard,starts good and makes me glad i bought it:ride:

Maitenance/periodic inspections are worth while

That was a ver inspirational speech. And trust me i maintained it. When you get 5 false neutrals between 3rd and 4th in a 15 minute race thats not the gunner. I have never in my 15 years on a bike hit a neutral betwen 3rd and fourth. I have hit a ton between first and second. I wish you guys luck with your machines. Im not saying there all bad.

That was a ver inspirational speech. And trust me i maintained it. When you get 5 false neutrals between 3rd and 4th in a 15 minute race thats not the gunner. I have never in my 15 years on a bike hit a neutral betwen 3rd and fourth. I have hit a ton between first and second. I wish you guys luck with your machines. Im not saying there all bad.

Start using the clutch more on downshifts..its worse slamming down a gear then up. I had a 09 YZ250F go into false neutral in between 3rd and 4th on the face of a jump; I endoed and the bike was messed up. It only had 9 hours on it too.

Every bike has its issues. Take a breath before you start talking crap.

I dont blame the guy for slamming Suzuki, if I just dropped $7k on a new bike and the gearbox went after 10hrs I would be pissed as hell.

bboyce i dont think you need to tell me how to ride or how to race. Shifting down under no throttle is totally not like upshifting wide open, not even CLOSE!!! . I love how people will critic my riding style and mechanical ability. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but face the facts, suzuki has had tranny issues in the past and still does. Im over it. Maybe you should just get used to it. Ive had 3 dealers admit it. If you flounder around on the track or do whatver it is you do maybe you wont have problems. And thank you dirtbiker, after spending 7 grand and getting a month out of a bike. Ya there is reason to be dissapointed.

bboyce i dont think you need to tell me how to ride or how to race. Shifting down under no throttle is totally not like upshifting wide open, not even CLOSE!!! . I love how people will critic my riding style and mechanical ability. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but face the facts, suzuki has had tranny issues in the past and still does. Im over it. Maybe you should just get used to it. Ive had 3 dealers admit it. If you flounder around on the track or do whatver it is you do maybe you wont have problems. And thank you dirtbiker, after spending 7 grand and getting a month out of a bike. Ya there is reason to be dissapointed.

So what did you replace your Suzuki with? Better luck with it?