A-Loop Kit for XR600R ?'s

I was wondering if anyone has a A-loop kit for there 600R and what they thought about it? How is the fit/finish of the whole kit. How does the tank mount to the frame and does the kit hold up well to off road riding. Does it really make a noticeable difference when riding the bike compared to a stock seat/tank. Are the seat and tank/shroud graphics specific to the A-Loop kit or can you use a different year/model bike and put them on the A-loop kit with little to no modifications?

Thanks

They are not common. The small tank is a hindrance. The pricetag is steep for a small tank and fake shrouds.

The tank is only a little smaller than stock and the seat is included as well but yeah the kit is expensive. I just would like to know if it actually makes a difference in the way the bike handles since you can get farther forward on the bike with the new tank/seat junction

There have been a few takers around over the past year or so, but few and far between. If you will notice, most folks are looking to go larger than OEM on the fuel tank. The two gallon A-loop tank won't even get the average modded pig 100 miles. A lot of my rides go well beyond 100 miles between fuel stops. I couldn't do with smaller than a four gallon tank.

It also looks like the seat will actually make the bike taller than the OEM saddle. Unless you have really long legs, this may be an issue as well. Putting your weight higher on an already long legged, top-heavy bike is not going to make anything better either.

Dunno though... a lot of speculation as I have never actually seen or ridden an A-looped bike,

I was wondering if anyone has a A-loop kit for there 600R and what they thought about it? How is the fit/finish of the whole kit. How does the tank mount to the frame and does the kit hold up well to off road riding. Does it really make a noticeable difference when riding the bike compared to a stock seat/tank. Are the seat and tank/shroud graphics specific to the A-Loop kit or can you use a different year/model bike and put them on the A-loop kit with little to no modifications?

Thanks

I have one on my XRL. The fit and finish are ok, about what you'd expect from most aftermarket guys. Tank mounts to the frame with just the two front rubber bits. I didn't think that was enough so I added an L-bracket to screw it down in the back like an OEM tank (took all of 10min's to make & install). Kit has held up well for going on two years now, but the graphics on the tank are starting to bubble a bit. Couldn't speak on how other shrouds mount up.

Yes, the kit is not for distance rides. It is great for short dirt rides, or a SUMO setup. The ability to slide all the way forward is great IMHO. I usually switch to my big tank (5gal) for longer rides. :thumbsup:

Edit: I also modded the rear tank mount and the front of the seat to get the two to match up. Mine was a bit off from the factory.

Thanks S-Rad that is what I wanted to know. I have read that they don't fit so good and that the tank mounting is not the greatest. For $530 I don't want to have to modify or do any kind of custom work to have the tank be mounted properly. I think I will pass