Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke FUN

Used to think that everyone hyping on the 2 stroke fun factor were just exagerating,never even felt like having one for myself until today,my brother wanted to test his new canon pocket cam and I felt like testing his kx 250 so we went to this small private,slippery full of rocks track.

And yep,even with all the settings,bars,levers etc..on the bike were of for me I had a great time ridin it.

And now I know that 2stroke IS more fun and getting one for myself.

When you are at the track just for fun and to get some exercise,no lap times on mind,something like this older 250 KX is a good choice.

Take a look at this vid we came up with..Crappy ridin but Good fun :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rantomhero?feature=mhum#p/u/0/jEmw9yyNy2E

I don't know what it is, but they're just so much fun to ride. Hit the throttle she flys, let off the throttle and she just rolls.

Ok I have to comment. The vid was cool and you ride good. I have a 99KX250 that I raced from 99-2001. I still have a fun time on it but strugle to pass someone on a 450 that is not as good as a rider. You may ask why do I think they are not as good of a rider as me? Well I met this realy cool dude at the Hangtown track a few weeks ago and he let me turn a few laps on his 09 YZF450. Unfortanatly he needed to start it for me because I could not get it started. Dispite that once I got on the bike I found that the bike stuck to the track like glue and I passed four riders that were passing me when I was on my KX. What I thought was od is I could not here the bike over all the other bikes on the track and it did not have the hit of my KX but I was going faster around corners and my track time was three seconds faster. This made me want a 450 but I still want to keep my KX.

Ok I have to comment. The vid was cool and you ride good. I have a 99KX250 that I raced from 99-2001. I still have a fun time on it but strugle to pass someone on a 450 that is not as good as a rider. You may ask why do I think they are not as good of a rider as me? Well I met this realy cool dude at the Hangtown track a few weeks ago and he let me turn a few laps on his 09 YZF450. Unfortanatly he needed to start it for me because I could not get it started. Dispite that once I got on the bike I found that the bike stuck to the track like glue and I passed four riders that were passing me when I was on my KX. What I thought was od is I could not here the bike over all the other bikes on the track and it did not have the hit of my KX but I was going faster around corners and my track time was three seconds faster. This made me want a 450 but I still want to keep my KX.

You're comparing a 450 four stroke to a 250 2t. There's a huge displacment difference there so of course your going to be faster on the 450.

I dont think it was the displacemet that caused me to go faster I think it had to do with the way the bike handeled and stuck to the ground. When I tested the bike my KX had new Dunlop tires to. If my KX stuck to the ground like the YZF I think I would have been just as fast. My KX is set up perty good but I think the 4 stroke engines put the power to the ground better. I was faster around corners and in the mud on the YZF.

One thing you might not be taking into cosideration is that your kx250, although a great bike is 12 years old and frame geometry, materials and most of all suspension technology have grown by leaps and bounds since then. Your completly dialed kx 250 wouldn't stand a chance against a newer yz 250 or a brand new ktm 250 based on that fact alone. If you want to hunt down 450's in the power department I think a big bore is in your future. I ride a 300 and my bike WILL PULL a 450 if I set up the motor and jetting to do so. I think these threads are great because if we as a consumer continue to show interest in 2T, especially in this economy, some manufacturers might express interest in revitalizing the 2 smoke. Great video:thumbsup:

One thing you might not be taking into cosideration is that your kx250, although a great bike is 12 years old and frame geometry, materials and most of all suspension technology have grown by leaps and bounds since then. Your completly dialed kx 250 wouldn't stand a chance against a newer yz 250 or a brand new ktm 250 based on that fact alone. If you want to hunt down 450's in the power department I think a big bore is in your future. I ride a 300 and my bike WILL PULL a 450 if I set up the motor and jetting to do so. I think these threads are great because if we as a consumer continue to show interest in 2T, especially in this economy, some manufacturers might express interest in revitalizing the 2 smoke. Great video:thumbsup:

I agree I gues no one on the track has a new 2 stroke for me to try. There was only one other person on the track with a 2 stroke and it was a KX250. The reason I have not bought a new bike is because I dont know what to buy. I wish we could test ride all the MX bikes to see. I like the fact that I can put a new top end in my KX in a few hours.