Do you let the wife/girlfriend ride with?

Ive always loved trail riding and screwing around on the mx tracks but recently switched to a drz so i could ride it to work (20 more rides a week!!!). Being new to dualsports I was wondering if you let your significant other ride around town with ya? I've ridden enough to feel comfortable w/ a passenger but its quite a bit different than high school buds 2 up on a honda 100 lol...

hell no!!

I personally would not let her ride. It effects your balance with her on the back. I don't like them riding with me on another bike either though. My riding time is my time. I let her stand in the pits with a gas can at harescrambles though:smirk:

yup. and when she dont want to ride on the back she has her own lol

DRZ.... no way.

Sports touring bike... :thumbsup:

I should also throw out by riding around town I'm talking 25mph (small town)

on a drz? NO...

on my old sportsbike, she hated it but I was OK with it.

on my moms Honda Shadow, absolutely. I would borrow her bike just so we could ride together (my gf and me, not my mom).

it would be hell on the DRZ...

buy her a DRZ125 and let her ride her own. My buddy will probably get his wifes DRZ125 street legal (easy in my state) so she can putt around town.

-Zach

on a drz? NO...

on my old sportsbike, she hated it but I was OK with it.

on my moms Honda Shadow, absolutely. I would borrow her bike just so we could ride together (my gf and me, not my mom).

it would be hell on the DRZ...

buy her a DRZ125 and let her ride her own. My buddy will probably get his wifes DRZ125 street legal (easy in my state) so she can putt around town.

-Zach

hahahahah:lol::thumbsup::lol::confused:

umm no, I took off the passenger pegs for a reason

Probably depends on "How much in lust" you are with them...:confused:

But generally speaking I call someone on the back , "Excess Baggage"..:worthy:

My Mrs is well trained and she knows that "bike time is my time"..:thumbsup:

Probably depends on "How much in lust" you are with them...:worthy:

But generally speaking I call someone on the back , "Excess Baggage"..:busted:

My Mrs is well trained and she knows that "bike time is my time"..:thumbsup:

What he said.:confused:

hahahahah:lol::thumbsup::lol::confused:

I re-read that before I posted that, and figured I should clarify.

=)

-Zach

Yes. If your question is can the bike do it the answer is yes. I ride up and down the franklin mountain road and also do bumpy trails with her no problem. She about 110 I'm 160lbs.

Not for me it would mean spending even more time with her:smirk:

hell no!!

hahahaha couldnt agree more! :thumbsup:

Yep, she is used to riding on the back of my GSXR so the DRZ is like a lazy boy to her. :thumbsup:

Im surprised so many people say no. Its not that bad 2 up on a DRZ, you can still ride the shit out of it. Obviously its not as fun as solo but come on, you guys sound like the bike will spontaniously combust if someone jumps on the back!

I almost daily go for rides with the girl friend on the back.

Didn't care to much with the 434 build for doubling, but now with a 462cc there is enough power.

Doubling is what got my girl into bikes. She Didnt want to ride with me anymore:lol:

Also modified my pegs bolts so I could still double with my Yosh-RS4 exhaust.

Welded a 2 inch longer bolt on top of the original on the right side and an inch bolt on the left. Worked mint!

ya i do sometimes. its fun. the bikes performance goes out the window but its still fun.

The wife hasn't ever ridden on the DRZ-SM. We used to ride together all the time on my TLR befoe my daughters were born. I think the DRZ would get left in the garage if I were going out 2 up.

I would say that 99% of the time it's just me but every now and again she likes to go cruise some back roads just to go. It never lasts too long though because the stock seat does a number on her butt. She is good for a 30 minute ride or so then it's back to the house.