Do you let the wife/girlfriend ride with?

Married 32 years, currently have 35 bikes ridable, another 20 fixer uppers. 2 100,000 mile pins. She has rode behind me at 80% of the time. Rides her own dual sport, but prefers to ride behind me on the street or long distance rides. Kinda nice having my best freind riding with me. Wouldn't want it any other way.

I prefer to ride alone but sometimes I will "let" as you say, "him" ride on the back:smirk: The word "let" sounds so controlling:bonk:

I find the weight is noticable and Im not as comfortable trying to catch the fast guys with him on the back. Im not the same rider with a passenger. I have a zippity do dah style that may cause a passenger to fall off:busted:

See, if it wernt for my motorcycles I'd probably be divorced. Im the one into bikes in our family. He's into hockey. But I do wish he were more into it at times. Like moments on a ride when I shut down somewhere by myself, kicking back checking out a gorgeous view. So if you see a girl basking in the sun, listening to her headphones or peeling an orange next to her DRZ/SM it is probably me. Feel free to stop and say "hi" IF your not on a Harley:p

No. She has her own DRZ:thumbsup:

The drz is the only bike in my stable that can take a passenger, so yeah I take her on it. She's not big on bikes so its not that often. I took off the passenger pegs on fhe r1 and my fighter to make sure no one gets on the back, just not as much fun and its too dangerous.

Depends on what kind of riding I'm planning to do. A nice easy cruise sightseeing then absolutely. Anything else? Probably not. I'm gonna have another bike set up for her to ride soon though and then it will be MUCH more fun.

How can they find time to ride when they're so busy making you sammiches? :thumbsup:

J/K! Sorry, couldn't resist :confused:

my girlfriend used to ride on the back every chance she got but now that we have a son neither of us gets to ride nearly as much as we want. bummer i know but some day he will have his own bike then it will be the three of us! lol

I do she loves it and we have a good time. It's the only bike I have but she can't ride far so around town is about it.:thumbsup::confused:

Yes I do. Although rarely, maybe 2-3 rides a year.

How can they find time to ride when they're so busy making you sammiches? :thumbsup:

J/K! Sorry, couldn't resist :worthy:

:confused: love it! my mrs doesn't come on the back of mine, she has a little cr80 that she can waz around the place (off road only).

She rides on the back occasionaly but she has her own bikes and prefers to ride them instead. She's also a A class enduro rider and has no problem keeping up when we ride offroad. She is my only riding partner, I usually dont like riding with anybody else because most of the time they cant keep up!

She rides on the back occasionaly but she has her own bikes and prefers to ride them instead. She's also a A class enduro rider and has no problem keeping up when we ride offroad. She is my only riding partner, I usually dont like riding with anybody else because most of the time they cant keep up!

Too COOL.:thumbsup:

You guys are bad.. I would let you ride on the back with me :thumbsup:

No hanging on around the chest :confused:

Whatever for????

yup. and when she dont want to ride on the back she has her own lol

+2 0n that:ride:

i used to let my ex go 2 up on my Z.

then i chucked her, ditched the passenger pegs and got a stepped seat :confused:

(as well as all the other nice goodies i wanted because i could now afford them :thumbsup:)