Sign in to follow this  

My xr100 Status Update Page

I figured i would make this thread so people can comment on my bike or something, lol

Got my wheel back from my friend, man hes a awesome guy but I always forget to ask him things like... what his name is... My bike is all back together now, looking spiffy but one thing thats an eyesore is the tank graphics. they are all tore up, is there anywhere that I can get some for cheap, I mean, they are just some strong stickers, they are not worth $56.99..

223319_181230031925531_100001156053129_411182_3286772_n.jpg

226127_181230101925524_100001156053129_411183_7967944_n.jpg

Run it the way it is, save your cash for a bigger bike (that's one's not gonna last much longer the way you were revving it Monday:p)....decals don't make it any faster.

I do want a two stroke 125 or something like that. maybe a xr200 would be in line, i donno what i really want, i dont want to go heavier so ill probably go with the two stoke. though I jsut looked up the xr100 and the cr125... the cr125(197lbs) is 32 pounds heavier than the xr..

I guess ill have to try and sell it and THEN get something else..because a trade obviously is proving to be quite hard.

+1

Newer CRF100's have a hard time getting $950, $500-$650 is the range for a XR100 in my area...

I'm trying to trade with someone right now but he wants to have a bike at all times apparently.

OEM tank graphics are $18.12 X2 at partspitstop.

The bike looks great. Whats up with the 86ish Yamaha. That thing is super nice.

Whats up with the 86ish Yamaha. That thing is super nice.

yeah that ones throwing me off, i know yz's had red frames in 86 with red shrouds. i guess the white 87 shrouds fit on the 86?

We picked that bugger up for **$650**, it is a 86, very good guess. I have no idea how the colors came to be, we bought it the way it sits now. It also doesn't start and I don't want to f with it.. And now that i have my own two smoke... I really don't care. :confused:

but after two days of looking and texting and calling and blah blah blah I finally got a trade for my 2000 xr100r for a 1994 yz125. This thing is beast :thumbsup: its quite tall though, and in pretty rough shape, it needs some TLC... I don't think they have heard of lubing a chain.. and another thing, couldn't they have washed the damn thing before deciding to sell it, i mean mine was absolutely pristine when I traded it.

The main thing I'm worried about is that I cannot find a VIN number, I looked on the steering stem but I can't find it, apparently the frame was painted before the kid owned it, so I dunno...

as soon as I got home I planned, welded, and painted a stand for this damn thing, I know a majority of them are used for racing... but ***... a funny thing is my last weld was my best weld because I finally got the welder set up correctly...

And after that was all done... I fired up the bike and gave it a few revs, I then was breathing welding smoke, paint fumes, and now two stroke exhaust... wow im not going to last long like this.

Here is a pic in the truck.

223578_181848261863708_100001156053129_414988_2627219_n.jpg

We picked that bugger up for **$650**, it is a 86, very good guess. I have no idea how the colors came to be, we bought it the way it sits now. It also doesn't start and I don't want to f with it.. And now that i have my own two smoke... I really don't care. :confused:

but after two days of looking and texting and calling and blah blah blah I finally got a trade for my 2000 xr100r for a 1994 yz125. This thing is beast :thumbsup: its quite tall though, and in pretty rough shape, it needs some TLC... I don't think they have heard of lubing a chain.. and another thing, couldn't they have washed the damn thing before deciding to sell it, i mean mine was absolutely pristine when I traded it.

The main thing I'm worried about is that I cannot find a VIN number, I looked on the steering stem but I can't find it, apparently the frame was painted before the kid owned it, so I dunno...

as soon as I got home I planned, welded, and painted a stand for this damn thing, I know a majority of them are used for racing... but ***... a funny thing is my last weld was my best weld because I finally got the welder set up correctly...

And after that was all done... I fired up the bike and gave it a few revs, I then was breathing welding smoke, paint fumes, and now two stroke exhaust... wow im not going to last long like this.

Here is a pic in the truck.

223578_181848261863708_100001156053129_414988_2627219_n.jpg

has the frame been painted gold?

something like this would be good. I could probably get 900 out of my xr, what do you think?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/mcy/2327143907.html

Depends...what kind of riding do you want to do? MX, wide open trails, or single track like you did with me and Eric?

CR125 would kill you in the stuff we took you on....you'd hit even more trees with the power delivery they have.:thumbsup:

only cc Andrews really, I don't really like single track.... The frame is yellow, and at last i found the VIN under all the yellow paint. had to sand it with two different sand papers, brake cleaner, and my finger nail.

I DID get a yz125. equal trade.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... theres lotsa of that chemical sucker junk on the floor, sue me for me cleaning the carburetor and whatever else.

Right Side.

223340_182368711811663_100001156053129_419179_7711904_n.jpg

Left Side

222351_182368631811671_100001156053129_419178_2682297_n.jpg

My Homebaked Stand!

230405_182368561811678_100001156053129_419177_3555771_n.jpg

Other than the "original....unique" color scheme, it looks like a clean bike.

I got some el-cheapo wraparound yellow Acerbis handguards w/hardware if you're interested. They don't have metal inserts, but they're better than nothing.

Other than the "original....unique" color scheme, it looks like a clean bike.

I got some el-cheapo wraparound yellow Acerbis handguards w/hardware if you're interested. They don't have metal inserts, but they're better than nothing.

I am quite interested in those, they sound great, i was actually starting to miss my stock honda handguards.

I don't think ill be out riding for a while, things are not in order i'll say. But if you would ship them? or drop by my house, lol. My bank acct is pretty well wiped out and i have no cash... now, how did that happen.....

I am quite interested in those, they sound great, i was actually starting to miss my stock honda handguards.

I don't think ill be out riding for a while, things are not in order i'll say. But if you would ship them? or drop by my house, lol. My bank acct is pretty well wiped out and i have no cash... now, how did that happen.....

Next time you wander up my way to go riding, shoot me a PM first. I'll even help install them.:thumbsup:

Sheesh, kids these days....you give them something for free, and then they want you to ship it too.....:confused:

On a side note, I think I may have found a bike for my duaghter....KTM 105XC

Next time you wander up my way to go riding, shoot me a PM first. I'll even help install them.:thumbsup:

Sheesh, kids these days....you give them something for free, and then they want you to ship it too.....:confused:

On a side note, I think I may have found a bike for my duaghter....KTM 105XC

haha will do, i'm just not really in a spot right now to go riding... :/

That sounds cool, the ktm.

you could give me your number then i can text you when im going up there. then you don't have to check your email for a pmn unles you get emails on your phone.