Sign in to follow this  

change to a semi auto?

my son is having a real hard time with the clutch on his coolster 125. The bike runs awesome but i was wondering if there was a way to swap the clutch out to make it a semi-auto. Only until he feels comfortable riding and shifting. Then I would swap back to a manual.

Post up a clear pic or two of the right side of the engine. Usually, the design of the clutch cover indicates whether or not it is a crank-mounted or mainshaft-mounted clutch.

definantly a front clutch, im being told that i can just change the clutch out to a auto clutch. would that be true??

Post up a clear pic or two of the right side of the engine. Usually, the design of the clutch cover indicates whether or not it is a crank-mounted or mainshaft-mounted clutch.

crank mounted, fwd clutch

You also have to have all the parts that attach to the auto-clutch, a different shift shaft, and the semi-auto clutch cover. Depending on which primary drive ratios you have (17/69 or 18/67), you might need the matching primary driven gear that goes with the semi-auto clutch basket.

You also have to have all the parts that attach to the auto-clutch, a different shift shaft, and the semi-auto clutch cover. Depending on which primary drive ratios you have (17/69 or 18/67), you might need the matching primary driven gear that goes with the semi-auto clutch basket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dirt-Pit-Bike-Atv-Engine-Automatic-Clutch-LIFAN-110cc-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d3Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d623658758433709591QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ160577439350

hopefully that link works....is that all the equip i need??

it is 18/67

Edited by quinns_daddy
pics

You need the right side engine cover and the longer shift shaft, and a few other small parts not shown in that eBay auction ad. You will also need the clutch hub nut tool, to remove the special nut that holds the clutch basket on the crank end.

well, crap cann that idea I looked up all the parts I need........$285 That about as much as a new engine....I am so not doing that. Thanks for your help...qd

You need the right side engine cover and the longer shift shaft, and a few other small parts not shown in that eBay auction ad. You will also need the clutch hub nut tool, to remove the special nut that holds the clutch basket on the crank end.

So I put the bike back together and now I have no spark. After changing the plug, I found a broken ignition wire off the CDI box, I repaired that and still have no spark, no volts at the coil. please help with your thoughts.