Sign in to follow this  

California Yesterdays papers

Who wants yesterdays papers

Who wants yesterdays girl

Who wants yesterdays papers

Nobody in the world

- the rolling stones, circa 1965

ya know it's really kinda boring and empty in here since the days of back to back NorCal TT riding. when i was quoted twice in Dirt Bike or was it Dirt Rider mags and when I was the TE510 husqvarna catalog idol on loop 6 no less, or when everybody else was posting rides every weekend too,,,,,,,WCTTRs all that, what happend? but for me- sorry I just ain't into it...riding that is. maybe it's that big 550 and I need a new machine, a new thrill, maybe it was all the winter seasonal closings and Clear creek closing and maybe it's married life or maybe it's that boomer is gone and the TT ride days of yore are by passed now, but mostly I think its that I have rode every FH/GT/EF trail 6000 times already and I'm done.

I don't know, but who wants yesterdays papers anyway?? I'm going to LA south bay beaches this weekend with my wife, we're gonna go enjoy the water, where I'm from.

you all Keep Surfing (riding) as they say. ( my avatar is me on the DRZ westside GT before they made it into a road)

just enjoy BigBob--at a blink of an eye you will be my age, and still saying the same--Hate the winter closures!!

just enjoy BigBob--at a blink of an eye you will be my age, and still saying the same--Hate the winter closures!!

Well - keep the hate going.

The closure is extended to May 13th.

Sweet - down to 6 months of riding.........

It hasn't rained since last week - but still closed.

Though - I rode up North South road on Saturday - I could not

make it all the way to the main Elkins staging area.

Lots of snow.

I assume it is melting fast - but it was frosty at my house this morning.

I guess we will see how it goes.

I'm going to LA south bay beaches this weekend with my wife, we're gonna go enjoy the water, where I'm from.

Great beach weather this weekend BB. The best so cal has to offer in May. Enjoy. Chill. Always time for a ride in the future..... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

They used my bike for this classic photo

Thumpertalk_1.gif

IMG_4254.jpg

Back when some riders where winning,"I think your kids are going to land on me" and I was like "then get the hell out of the way"

BobrightbluebikeJustinongreenbikeDu.jpg

loop6gang.jpg

3433A693A3B232327Ffp43Enu3D3233A3E2.jpg

Ya know I've rode every trail around here a hundred times but every time I go out and ride it's a new day with good people and new laughs. I think thats more of what it's about, good times with good friends:thumbsup:

Ya know I've rode every trail around here a hundred times but every time I go out and ride it's a new day with good people and new laughs. I think that's more of what it's about, good times with good friends:thumbsup:

100_0050.jpg

I'll agree. But somewhere along the way we lost that. That sucks!

So.............. lets learn from it. Don't let it happen again. Move forward. It's all good! :confused:

closedid4.jpg

Looking back, that trip was FANTASTIC! I got to talk with a helicopter, learned you can't hike far in MX boots, and found out the guys at TT really got my back. :thumbsup:

Edited by superslyko
Just the little trip to Moonrocks, FLB taught me some things, Mr. T was great! I had a blast!

New week, new adventure. I just head out alone and meet riders on the trail.

Heard there was a gathering of Thumpertalkers, at Moonrocks, so I skipped that exit and ended up here...

New week, new adventure.

ya need a good attidude to enjoy ridng no trails and then ride yearington dusty jeep road trails all in the same day. good on ya for keepin stoked after ALL that you have proved and done in your career

I miss boomer the dirt bike dog

Been back on it after off for 6 months, Trails are great.

Bike is right and I am even looking for a Plated KTM as I type.

Jet Skis are up, well at least two of them.

Yeah I ride with some TTer's and will miss the Party.

All that said I think each of us has our days, your turn

in the dumps. Go to Seal Beach, stroll some shops with

the wife and eat at the Irish Pub. Enjoy the Summer on

the water like I plan to. See the trails in the fall, they will wait.

ya need a good attidude to enjoy ridng no trails and then ride yearington dusty jeep road trails all in the same day. good on ya for keepin stoked after ALL that you have proved and done in your career

I miss boomer the dirt bike dog

He was the real TT Mascot, from the real begining, Boomer!!

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i405/WhiteCRF4RJ/Boomer.jpg

What I meant to say was dubl - u - tee - eff ?!?

Guesss the censorthang is now on....

Hey BigBob, sorry to hear about Boomer.

We lost our family dog of 12 years last December around X-mas and the next couple months were really hard.....my house was still and too quiet.

With the wet weather closures, lack of dirt riding and no dog, I was getting a bit down. Friends and family said go get another dog; it's the only cure.

We rescued an 11 month old dog on March 1st and he has really been great. He gives us alot to look forward to. He is extremely loyal and entertaining. He goes nuts when he hears me leaving on my SXV-550 and wakes up to the sound of a diesel truck. We are really looking forward to camping with him.

I have a fresh knobby on my 450r and know that it is waiting for the next ride.

Water sports are right around the corner; lot's to look forward to.

Keep your head up!