2011 Wentachee Dual Sport (Dirty Face)

Washington

I signed up to do it this year, what should I expect for riding?

My only other organized events have been the Easton Dual Sport ('B' - Course with family) and the PSER Adventure Rally.

How about sound checks?

My quiet XR is on the mend and may not be ready in time for the event and my back up is a DRZ400S with a full Muzzy system. Even with the quiet core and my custom Ace Hardware Reducer I wonder if that thing could pass a sound check.

This was one of the most laid back events I have been too.... I don't think you'll encounter a sound check. It was fun, I am not really a dual sporter so I took the A loop and was very happy with the sections of single track and the de-commissioned roads coming down into Ardvenvar like in this pic DSCN0481.jpg whoever set that loop up I would love to ride it again:thumbsup:

Take some money for breakfast at the airport and lunch in Ardenvar....

The couple times I've rode this there was a sound check at the start. One time I went thru it and the 2nd time I didn't because I wasn't forced to however I had the same bike with the same pipe so I'm sure I would have passed.

The "A" route is fun and the "AA" section wasn't really hard and get's you away from the crowd's and dust for a little while.

JA

The couple times I've rode this there was a sound check at the start. One time I went thru it and the 2nd time I didn't because I wasn't forced to however I had the same bike with the same pipe so I'm sure I would have passed.

The "A" route is fun and the "AA" section wasn't really hard and get's you away from the crowd's and dust for a little while.

JA

Hey T-Stoned

I printed ya out a entry form :thumbsup:

JA

Yep "AA", if you ride off road at all you'll probably be happy taking all the "AA" options.

Last year was around 90+ miles with at least half of that being really fun single and double track. The rutted road down to Ardenvoir is where I got most of my 'Dirtyface', and the section of singletrack laced with whip like saplings right after Ardenvoir was the highlight for me.

Last year was around 90+ miles with at least half of that being really fun single and double track. The rutted road down to Ardenvoir is where I got most of my 'Dirtyface', and the section of singletrack laced with whip like saplings right after Ardenvoir was the highlight for me.

Sounds like the course we did 2 yrs ago... couple areas were not well marked and our group got a bit split up...all good though! Energy bar and a beer for lunch....:thumbsup:

I did this ride last year and have signed up again. I did the A course and can't recall anything really difficult. It was dusty, but not as bad as people had implied. I don't recall a sound check either, but I could be wrong. It is not the most well organized ride ever, but still had a great time. After the ride everyone gathered in the clubhouse but it was standing room only, and about 100 degrees inside. I had to leave to go home so I bailed out on the prizes and stuff and just took off.

Bring your camera, some excellent scenery.

Dean

The whole thing is a highlight every year.. I know the group that puts that on and they are great people.. The gentlemen that sets up the course is a Lake Wenatchee native and know the area well, Im certain there will be no disappointment.. Well, except for the wait til ride time :thumbsup:

how "legal" does your bike have to be?

My WR450 had a working tail / brake light, cheap mirrors and a horn.... I had no turn signals, and knobbies mounted up.... the LEO's were there but did not hassle anyone, they were very cordial and I think were enjoying the ride as much as anyone else:thumbsup:

OK, lost. How do I find out more about how to get in on this ride?

Have bike, will travel to ride.

The whole thing is a highlight every year.. I know the group that puts that on and they are great people.. The gentlemen that sets up the course is a Lake Wenatchee native and know the area well, Im certain there will be no disappointment.. Well, except for the wait til ride time :thumbsup:

Thats good enough for me, thanks for the info, I am in.

My WR450 had a working tail / brake light, cheap mirrors and a horn.... I had no turn signals, and knobbies mounted up.... the LEO's were there but did not hassle anyone, they were very cordial and I think were enjoying the ride as much as anyone else:thumbsup:

I heard that several people were handed tickets at Ardenvior last year..

how "legal" does your bike have to be?

Lets do this!

I heard that several people were handed tickets at Ardenvior last year..

Like shootin' fish in the barrel.... how dare we ride out of the hills on bikes that might not meet every letter of the law to support the little gas station / store / diner?.... Blasphamy I say!

I wonder what the route will be this year? It seems like there is a lot more snow in the mountains than usual.

I was up at about 4000 ft and didnt run into any snow last weeken up around Derby, Eagle creek area and Swakane. Was not even alot of mud after the rain. I think by the ride it will be fine.

Lets see...the cops are usually at the start to check you and your bike out...there is a pretty stringent sound check and there are always tickets issued mid course for those of us who speed on forest service roads....So yeah - go ahead and try and sneak a semi-legal bike into the event this year.

This is always one of the best run events and they have done what they can to promote the use of quiet bikes and somewhat sane riding (I had to remove my numbers from my racebikes in the past when riding this event)

Just tell them you are camped down at the river...:smirk: