WR 250-too tall?

I'm looking into buying a 2001 or 2002 wr 250, but I looked at the seat height. 39 inches is very tall. I measured my inseam and I am about 35 inches without shoes. I am 5'11" and 154lbs. I'm coming off a 150f which is 32.5 inches. Will it be too tall for me? What can I do to lower it besides shaving the seat foam?

Thanks tters, really looking forward to getting my new bike!

Are you dead set at buying an 01 or 02? The reason I'm asking is that 03 and newer have auto decompression and electric start. The auto decomp is an easy fix but not the easy button. At 5'11" you should be okay. If it is too tall there are options such as lowering links and other things

Are you dead set at buying an 01 or 02? The reason I'm asking is that 03 and newer have auto decompression and electric start. The auto decomp is an easy fix but not the easy button. At 5'11" you should be okay. If it is too tall there are options such as lowering links and other things

I live in california, so in order to register my bike as a green sticker, so I can ride all seasons, it has to be 2002 or older, or pass the strict emissions requirements set by CARB, which only the 06 and up wr 250s pass. However, 06 and up is too expensive for me. I plan on putting an 03 cam in the bike and doing most of the free mods. Where can I find a lowering link?

Edited by Nick Merrell
spelling

I'm 5'6" and I sagged my '02 1" extra in back and slid the forks up in the triple clamps. You won't even need to do that.

Remember, it will settle 4" when you sit on it.

-Toby

im 5'11" and rode a 01 WR250F for about a year, you should be fine.

I live in california, so in order to register my bike as a green sticker, so I can ride all seasons, it has to be 2002 or older, or pass the strict emissions requirements set by CARB, which only the 06 and up wr 250s pass. However, 06 and up is too expensive for me. I plan on putting an 03 cam in the bike and doing most of the free mods. Where can I find a lowering link?

I feel your frustration! During the winter/fall/spring I ride in the parks but during the summer I head up to the hills on federal land and it's legal to ride red sticker bikes up there. So you might want to check your closest National Forestry Land office for legal riding areas

I'm 5' 7" and the bike works for me. Sure I have to use the tips of my toes but once you get going it doesn't matter. It's worth the power :-D

Dont think anyone's talking about "power" on a WR250F... :thumbsup:

I'm 5'4 125lbs and I learned to use the tip of my toes.. Or lean the bike over and have one foot planted on the ground. Shaving your seat is the best method or ordering an already shaved down seat from SDG wouldn't hurt either.

I have a 2002 Green sticker YZ250f for sale if you're interested.

You short guys are funny and lucky in my book... My legs are so long my butt misses the seat by 1" real good when I stop but I can't stand on the pegs for long and need to keep a look out for low trees. and forgetabout riding gear that fits LOL

Your 5'11 your fine with the bike the way it is

Short guys have it easy!! Lower center of gravity, clothes that fit, wife doesn't ask you to get stuff off the top shelf, you have your own wrestling league.

http://www.microwrestling.com/about/

Set your sag: http://www.tootechracing.com/suspension_tips.htm

You want about 100mm. At your height things should be fine.

Putting in too much sag will cause the bike to understeer and bottom/wallow easier. Not enough sag and the rear end won't get efficient traction and will want to skip and slide while under power especially over the square edge and loose terrain.

Short guys have it easy!! Lower center of gravity, clothes that fit, wife doesn't ask you to get stuff off the top shelf, you have your own wrestling league.

http://www.microwrestling.com/about/

I'm short and its def not easy, all pants are to long and I have to wear ATV short boots so I can fit my Knee braces lol.

I'm short and its def not easy, all pants are to long and I have to wear ATV short boots so I can fit my Knee braces lol.

You can cut the bottoms off but you can't add 4 or 5in so easy can ya...

I just bought an 05 wr250. I have yet to register it, but I did start it and have sat on the bike. It is a little tall, but I'm still growing, so it should be perfect in about a year or a half. I almost fell over when I kicked it, just for fun, but with the e start I don't have to kick it.