Sign in to follow this  

Washington jones creek, camas

does it open sunday? this site says open in may in the w2r section. looks to be nice weather sunday. may warrant a ride if it is open. never been there before. :thumbsup:

went and checked it this afternoon. that is a great area for a quick couple hours for riding! did the c loop, then the b loop. started getting tired from the constant fighting of sloppy mud, and came home. this was a great area, and whats better is its less than twenty minutes from the house! glad i found it. going to be great for the "i'll just be gone a couple hours" routine. :thumbsup:

yeah opens sunday. its pretty fun when its nice out

It's better when wet, all the squids stay home!

which section is grouse vista? i unfortunately have to work the weekend.

Grouse Vista is a trail that links the east side of the three loops to the trails up by 4 corners. GV ran north and south. Somehow the bridged were ripped out a couple of years ago by some magical power and we could not go back in and fix them. Without Grouse Vista there is no way to link the trails together without using roads so there is a plan to cut new trail to provide this critical connector trail. This is part of the 10 year plan. There is around 100 miles of trail now, only 13.89 miles are published. Under the 10 year plan there will be about 75 miles of published trail. Also, a new staging area and campground at 4 corners.

Now is a good time to become active in the club. Memberships is down and people are not coming out to help. With the way things are now we may not have the Rock N Roll poker run due to lack of manpower and lack of support from DNR, sad but true.

Joe............

This is part of the 10 year plan. There is around 100 miles of trail now, only 13.89 miles are published. Under the 10 year plan there will be about 75 miles of published trail. Also, a new staging area and campground at 4 corners.

Awesome work JCTR :thumbsup:

Now is a good time to become active in the club. Memberships is down and people are not coming out to help. With the way things are now we may not have the Rock N Roll poker run due to lack of manpower and lack of support from DNR, sad but true.

Joe............

Not awesome and I am guilty here too. Will try to help out.

suggestion. Is there any way to task jobs out to people. I am not really around much on weekends as i am doing family stuff or riding elsewhere but I would sure be into having a defined task to complete and own. I often dualsport up there a fark around. If tasked for a project i could DS up there after work on when I have time and hit the project. Basically i am more than willing to help but it kinda needs to be on my funky schedule. I DS up there with a few guys quite a bit and we could tackle some stuff if we knew what need done.

Let me know.

is there a map of the new proposed/old existing trails not in use? anything going to become more technical/gnarly? i had to ask directions when i went up there. the existing map was horrible for seeing exactly where trails were laid out. seemed like a cool area for sure. it will be really nice when a couple longer trails get put in and are ridable. the c-loop was alot of fun and i liked the varying terrain and length to get back to the staging area. b-loop was just meh. just seemed like one long long uphill battle to connect back to c loop. was not difficult. just lose and the lose rocks made it hard to keep momentum for me. i could see myself riding that c loop twice and having a good afternoon though :thumbsup:

i will think about joining. not much of a club guy anymore. was part of a coulpe jeep clubs and one bike club that had an mx track in the past and they all just became way to political for my liking to make it fun anymore. i am down for helping out once in a while though. just not sure i want to be part of a club again. can you give me a lowdown on what to expect out of the club?

suggestion. Is there any way to task jobs out to people. I am not really around much on weekends as i am doing family stuff or riding elsewhere but I would sure be into having a defined task to complete and own. I often dualsport up there a fark around. If tasked for a project i could DS up there after work on when I have time and hit the project. Basically i am more than willing to help but it kinda needs to be on my funky schedule. I DS up there with a few guys quite a bit and we could tackle some stuff if we knew what need done.

Let me know.

The main guy for operations is Mike Ames: mike.ames@jctra.org

For during the week stuff you should hook up with Ross. He is the guy that knows the most about Jones Creek, one of the founding members of JCTRA.

Joe.......

is there a map of the new proposed/old existing trails not in use? anything going to become more technical/gnarly? i had to ask directions when i went up there. the existing map was horrible for seeing exactly where trails were laid out. seemed like a cool area for sure. it will be really nice when a couple longer trails get put in and are ridable. the c-loop was alot of fun and i liked the varying terrain and length to get back to the staging area. b-loop was just meh. just seemed like one long long uphill battle to connect back to c loop. was not difficult. just lose and the lose rocks made it hard to keep momentum for me. i could see myself riding that c loop twice and having a good afternoon though :thumbsup:

i will think about joining. not much of a club guy anymore. was part of a coulpe jeep clubs and one bike club that had an mx track in the past and they all just became way to political for my liking to make it fun anymore. i am down for helping out once in a while though. just not sure i want to be part of a club again. can you give me a lowdown on what to expect out of the club?

I hear ya. I was up to my neck in the club for a while but now I handle the Hangover Scramble and that is enough for me. Put in what you want and that is it. Heck I've spent many days up there by myself working on trails. Plenty of ways to give back if that is what your after.

Maps, I threw all mine away. They are in my head;)

Joe........

Maps, I threw all mine away. They are in my head;)

Joe........

sounds like we are going to have to go for a ride or six then :worthy:

from reading earlier threads, i know there is more trail than marked that you just have to know about. but i dont want to get myself into trouble being in the wrong place. :thumbsup:

and i did pick up trail garbage this last time i rode, and usually always do. i try to leave it nicer than i found it. :confused:

The best bet is to come out and help lay out the poker run course in August, if there is a poker run.

Joe........

i would love to if it is not a scheduled work weekend. usually about once a month i am working the weekend.

but august is so far away. i want to ride now, not months from now. :thumbsup:

To be honest I am a bit tired of public trails. After a few head on wrecks, idiots in the staging areas, cops, dickhead land managers I am very happy with racing on private property. When I go to a race I know the course is safe, there are sweep riders, if I hurt myself help is close, I will never run into someone coming the other way, and best of all after a while you get to know everyone at the race scene and it is like one big family.

I have had far tooooo many stressful days at the main Jones Creek staging area. It did not take long before I started staging at 4 corners.

Now if I ride public land I look for that hardest shit I can find and then a remote staging area. This weeds out the dillholes that want to spin cookies in the staging area drunk.

Joe............

With the amount of people in the area that ride, JC SHOULD be well funded and a great place to ride, there is really not many options for SW Washington riding. With the price of fuel it looks better all the time. My main gripe is the total lack of single track trails, quads and bikes dont get along very well.You would think that with all of the ORV tags that are bought in this part of the state we could have a "real place to ride" but thats another thread.

Good points, Singletrack is part of the 10 year plan. I severed on the planning committee as a representative of singletrack users and advocated heavily for ST. As far as the money well that is a very deep subject. Our wonderful state has stolen so much and then wonder why people are pissed off.

Joe...........