NYK and the 2-stroke

Motocross

I think most of you guys have seen this vid: http://motocross.transworld.net/1000110652/videos/team-27-two-stroke-fever/

But now is speculation time! He said that he would consider riding one if he hooked up with Mitch Payton with the engine and stuff, and couple days later he were rocking that bike with all new Pro Circuit pipe and some special parts...

http://motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/it77rideday_airdavis/IMG_4769%20copy.jpg

I mean - how epic would it be, if Wey would ride the two-stroke in the Nationals!? At least in some races. It's sad but true that 250 2-stroke isn't as fast as 450 these days, but in certain conditions it could very well have a chance in my opinion, especially if Mitch had done some magic for the thing...

Edited by Ud_Luz
Profanity.

That would be cool,but I don't think NW would do it for a whole season. He said its just not fast enough to run in the 450 class. IMO i run faster on a 250 2t than a 450, but I'm not a pro level rider. Hopefully he does a race or 2 on a 250 2t though, he is one of my favorite riders.:thumbsup:

I am a big NW27 fan, but I think its obvious he prob wont win a race. He might as well run a 2T and become a huge fan favorite haha.

What are the "special parts" ? I see a PC pipe and GYTR clutch cover.

You can't work anymore "magic" on a 2T than you can on a 4T. The 2T's are too slow. The displacement rules have been setup to guaranty that. It's just that simple.

He was referencing a bone stock bike in the video. There are significant performance gains that can be made on a stock bike with the right parts.

How does NYK=Nick Wey:bonk:

MAX!!!

I am a big NW27 fan, but I think its obvious he prob wont win a race. He might as well run a 2T and become a huge fan favorite haha.

Agreed:thumbsup: He would be the most talked about racer of the series.

MAX!!!

It's a smart publicity move if he does and honestly what does he have to lose? I can see it happening for like the last race of supercross of something. I would still have rather seen Cedric through who is a two stroke rider try. I hope be does it.

How does NYK=Nick Wey:bonk:

MAX!!!

Why do you have to make your post blue?

Justin!!!!!

Why do you have to make your post blue?

Justin!!!!!

I don't, I choose to. :thumbsup:

MAX!!!

All Nick has to do is say he's considering it and he's got more people rooting for him just for that fact.

So what if the rules are against you? Running the 2t would make you a cult favorite. I see big non MX sponsor dollars here.

-Kerry

A very smart move for a mid-pack guy. He might as well do something to make himself stand out. What's the old saying....It doesn't matter what they are saying about you as long as they are talking about you.

How anyone can tolerate the noise of a 2 stroke is beyond me. And I don't mean loudness, I'm talking straight annoying and irritating factor. I'm not sure I've heard a noise more grating on my ears.

How anyone can tolerate the noise of a 2 stroke is beyond me. And I don't mean loudness, I'm talking straight annoying and irritating factor. I'm not sure I've heard a noise more grating on my ears.

You haven't spent too much time around women, have you?:thumbsup:

MAX!!!

MAX!!!

Classic...

be nice but he didnt sound promissing

MAX!!!

:confused::lol::worthy:

Nathanael must be young, didn't grow up with the sound of 2t's and the smell of bel ray, and unmarried.

They say this crap every year and nothing ever comes of it.

:thumbsup::lol::confused:

Nathanael must be young, didn't grow up with the sound of 2t's and the smell of bel ray, and unmarried.

nothing like alittle H1R or some Maxima 927 to get ya going in the morning!