whos running the tubliss system?

well i thrashed my rear wheel last week and it was time for a fresh wheel set. i picked up a set of black excel talon wheels w/ black hubs, silver spokes and red spoke nipples in a 18/21. gorgeous wheels!! if you need wheels checkout ksr wheels. there pricing was awesome and they have great specials. i also picked up a set of fresh motoz tires.

0428011214.jpg

anyhow since i am starting with fresh wheels and tires and i already blew a bunch of tax $.....i decided to go tubliss. i am pretty excited about it. anybody else running this setup? anything i need to know? does it make mounting tires more difficult? it looks like mounting tires would actually be easier without having to worry about pinching the tube?? it seems these will pay for themselves fairly quickly with tubes running $15 a pop.

I ran neutech last year and this year and had no problems with it. You could run 5psi in a knobby and still have good rim protection. I think you will like the tubliss setup. If I wasnt happy with them i wouldnt be running them this year. 10 X better then bib mouse

Sweet wheels. Good decision with the talon/excel combo. I'm thinking of doing tubliss. Looking forward to the responses.

I'd love to do the TuBliss, someday when I have money. Everyone I knew in Arizona that switched loved it. No more pinch flats in the jagged rocks, and because of the way it holds the bead the sidewalls don't roll under a much, so you can get away with low psi, outstanding traction, and not smack your rims everywhere. Most everyone was in the single digit PSI front and rear.

I am running one in the rear wheel on my YZ and I really like it. The only negative IMO is it will allow your bike to slowly leak a little air (like a few psi per week if the bike is just sitting...) but that is not a big deal to me because I like to check my tire pressures before I ride everytime anyways. I have been thinking about trying out the version for the front wheel. I could see it having a pretty durastic effect on handling depending on what air pressure is used.

Ordered a back today. Can't wait to give it a try!

I am running one in the rear wheel on my YZ and I really like it. The only negative IMO is it will allow your bike to slowly leak a little air (like a few psi per week if the bike is just sitting.

The Tubliss system does not inherently leak air. I have Tubliss front and rear on both of my bikes and none of them leak air. In fact, they leak less air than tubed tires.

Skip them. Bridgestone uhd tubes and you will be good to go. I've heard too many horror stories from guys that I race with. While you may not be racing, it's usually a pretty good barometer of what works and what doesn't. The tubliss systems create more ways for everything to go wrong, and that's not good, every time.

i got the tubliss system mounted up and had my firt ride last weekend. i rode all mx in the morning and rode some single track in the afternoon. i was able to run 10 psi on the track and the traction was awesome!!! i could really feel the reduction in weight on the rear end when i was in the air. i dropped down to 8 psi for the woods. the tubliss setup allows you to run lower pressure without rim damage because of the inner bladder. i am really happy with the setup so far. makes tire changes way easier too. :thumbsup:

The Tubliss system does not inherently leak air. I have Tubliss front and rear on both of my bikes and none of them leak air. In fact, they leak less air than tubed tires.

When it was new I would have to agree with you, but after having like 5 tires used with it mine has developed a slight leak only if the bike is sitting but like I said it isnt a big deal at all. I could probably fix the leak by taking the tire off and cleaning everything up real good which I will do this week when I throw some new tires on the bike. I like the fact that if you do get a flat tire your tire does not come loose from the rm so there is much less chance of trashing a rim from a flat tire. If you ride in very rocky terrain it could really be beneficial in terms of reduced pinch flats, and it is nice to be able to run low pressures on the mx track too.

I was one of the first in this area to run the Tubliss kits. When they work they are great, but what I found was that it is very easy to get holes in your tires, be it a ripped knob or cut. Sometimes those holes are far too big for sealant to plug them up. The tubliss kits cost me 2 DNF's in back to back races.

Ultra HD tubes have saved me from those headaches. I also just switched over to a Goldentyre Mousse for the front, which rides great, and will never flat.

I run the Tubliss on both of my bikes with zero issues. Love the lower pressure and extra traction.

Just put a rear on my yz, just trying to find a front for a decent price, have yet to try them yet but they seem quite impressive.

How much weight do you lose with them I'm intersted in them but no one I know uses them it would be for mx only for me

I run the Tubliss on both of my bikes with zero issues. Love the lower pressure and extra traction.

I see District #'s. I'd like to hear your detailed opinions on the Tubeliss setup out in the desert. Do they leave you SOL if you put a big dent in a rim? Have you been able to burp them? What pressure are you running for really fast and chopped up stuff?

^^^ if weight is a concern/interest, stick with normal mx tubes. I think the tunable aspects win with these Tubliss set ups... I run MX with some off road and will never go back to tubes.

I really liked most things about the tubliss system, but found a couple negatives.

1. I could never get mine to hold air, and every ride had to adjust both pressures(inner bladder and tire pressure). This happened with new tires as well as used.

2. I began to realize how many times cactus, nails, sticks, and other objects sliced holes in my tires. Most of the time the holes are fixable, but there's no way to fix a sidewall flat (that I know of). Therefore, at times I found myself replacing the tubliss system with a tube until the tire was worn enough to be replaced.

I'm unfamiliar with how tubeliss works, I always get in a hurry fixing my flats and would love to 86 the tubes but I'm worried about debeading tires left and right, what keeps the tire on the bead jumping around with single digit psi? i have seen it at my local mx store but they aren't very knowledgeable...about anything.

I'm one of the guys that LOVES the TUbliss. :thumbsup:

I've had them on 2 different bikes, used them for trail, mx, & enduro riding. They've always worked really well for me, over a period of 2-3 (maybe more) years.

I personally feel they're no more trouble to deal with than, say, the Bridgestone UHD tubes. When I got a flat once, I used a tire plug repair kit with air cylinders, the tire plug & it's related tool. Came in a kit meant for quads, if I recall correctly. It fits in my back pack, and is WAAAAYYY easier to find room for & pack around than spare tubes, tire tools, pump, & etc..

Changing tires is easier, and you can run knobbies or trials tires down to low pressures that work better than anything I've ever known with inner tubes.....

Jimmie

In EDIT: I forgot this: I got a flat another time, and rode probably 20 miles back to the truck on that flat tire. It works well at keeping the tire on the rim. The one problem that I always wondered about was if something managed to puncture the little inner tube inside the red bicycle tire.... :confused: But it never did turn out to be anything worth worrying about. And I will add that before I had TUbliss, I used the Bridgestone UHD tubes. Personally, I like how the bike works better TUbliss, and having to carry less stuff (like I mentioned above) on trail rides & enduros.... :worthy:

Edited by Diesel Goober
Forgot to add a "point" I wanted to make....