KX Fork Identification

I have a set of forks that I was told were from an 04 KX250F, however I am not so sure that they are from an 04 or even a 250 for that matter.

Is there some way to identify what year they actually are.

I downloaded a manual for the 04 and all the parts and internals are the same but the problem that I am having is finding fork sliders that fit. I have tried a couple different sliders from an 04 KX250 and KX250F but the mounting holes are not even close to aligning with the threaded holes on the lower forks.

post some pictures I can tell you what model forks they are but from there I wont be able to tell you if its from a kx honda, yammy or suzuki

I am reasonably sure they are from a Kawasaki as they came with the triple clamps as well. They are a KYB 48mm Cartridge fork.

I will try and upload some closeup pic's tonight.

OK here are a couple pic's. The three mounting holes are almost in a straight line however the mounting holes on the 04 sliders are have a greater difference in elevation.

DSC02786.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02787.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

Edited by FJRKLR
Add pic's

Also can someone tell which years that Kawasaki used the KYB 48mm forks on the KX250F?

Thanks.

04-05 were the KYB years.

But holy bald tire!!!! haha

yeah those are kyb 48mm carts

04-05kx 04-06rmz

Would anything have changed between the 04 and 05 lowers? I have tried a couple sets of fork guards for the 04, the right side is close enough that I and manage to get all three fasteners in but on the left side only one fastener will fit.:thumbsup:

04-05 were the KYB years.

But holy bald tire!!!! haha

The tire is a MEFO Explorer and the bike is a KLR, actually the tire isn't that bad.

Kawi used the KYB in 04-05 is this just for the KX250F or is this the only years period.

It has been suggested that I do not actually have 04 KX250F forks. Everything else fits great, wheel, axle, brakes , brake rotor.

The tire is a MEFO Explorer and the bike is a KLR, actually the tire isn't that bad.

Kawi used the KYB in 04-05 is this just for the KX250F or is this the only years period.

It has been suggested that I do not actually have 04 KX250F forks. Everything else fits great, wheel, axle, brakes , brake rotor.

I thought it was a motocross tire, my bad.

But KYB was from 04-05 on the KX250F only. I think every year of both 2-strokes used KYB suspension.

04-05 should be the same on the fork guards.

I thought it was a motocross tire, my bad.

But KYB was from 04-05 on the KX250F only. I think every year of both 2-strokes used KYB suspension.

IIRC, the 2ts used the traditional cartridge forks and then switched later to the closed cartridge. This model bladder style cartridge forks are unique to the kxf/rmz250. I havn't done mine yet, but the general word is to convert them to traditional open bath forks and run normal oil heights.