2010 Husaberg 450fx vs. 08 Ktm 300

Well,i have a guy who wants to trade 2010 berg with 19 hrs for my 08Ktm 300 that has everything on it you could want.What would yall do?I ride GP'sand some mx occasionally.Any advice?I love my 300,the Berg would have yo be pretty special

It realy depends on what you want, I personaly would keep the 300, cheeper maintenance and a proven track record. The berg is a good bike and a good company but to me the FX hasnt bean proven to be a great bike orall.

If your 300 is allready dialed in, your allready on probubly the best bike you can buy!.:thumbsup:

Well,i have a guy who wants to trade 2010 berg with 19 hrs for my 08Ktm 300 that has everything on it you could want.What would yall do?I ride GP'sand some mx occasionally.Any advice?I love my 300,the Berg would have yo be pretty special

I just bought a new '10 FX 450 and the bike is great. It feels really light on the trails and the track, very much like a 2 stroke. I've owned 300's before and will again, great bikes. I got the Berg for $5800 new last month, so it was worth it for me.

i am looking at a deal for $5800 as well,how do you like the fx, you done any work on it yet,is it like a ktm or just the same suspension components. torn between an 2011 250sxf and the fx450.any info would be helpful...thanks

i am looking at a deal for $5800 as well,how do you like the fx, you done any work on it yet,is it like a ktm or just the same suspension components. torn between an 2011 250sxf and the fx450.any info would be helpful...thanks

So far I am very happy with the bike. Once you are moving it feels like a much lighter bike. I came of an '07 KTM 450 EXC, so much of the bike is the same as far as build quality. The FX has the closed cartridge forks like the XC models. The rear shock is easy to remove, but you can't adjust the preload without removing it. The only things I have done to it are set the preload, put on EE hand guards, an EE bar riser, and an FMF Q4 exhaust. The FX does not come with a spark arrestor and I could not find a screen to fit. The power is great and I like having a closer ratio trans for trails. First is a little high for really tight stuff, but sixth goes way beyond where I want to ride. The power is great, no MX hit but much more than my 450 EXC. :thumbsup:

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. I really like the new Bergs.

It realy depends on what you want, I personaly would keep the 300, cheeper maintenance and a proven track record. The berg is a good bike and a good company but to me the FX hasnt bean proven to be a great bike orall.

If your 300 is allready dialed in, your allready on probubly the best bike you can buy!.:thumbsup:

+1. I sold my KTM 300 XC-W and bought a FE570. While the 570 is more versitile and I do like it alot, my next bike will be a 300 2 stroke.

Add Titlei would trade you will love power

I feel the same as MrSmooth, I have a FX450 and I think I'm going to go back to a 2-stroke but I'm thinking another 250. I really hope KTM brings the new 6day 250EXC to Canada!! That bike is dead sexy, and I REALLY have my fingers crossed the Husaberg brings the TE250/TE300 to NA and they have the new KTM frames! Then I'd be in heaven.