Will the stock Valves hold up?

I just broke 10K on my stock parts and I've been told I should begin to become afraid. I'm in "the zone" so to speak. Good to hear good things about the Wiseco stuff though. Assuming decent quality control/consistency, can't argue with that mileage. Can the Wiseco stuff be run with OE springs and keeper parts?

I just broke 10K on my stock parts and I've been told I should begin to become afraid. I'm in "the zone" so to speak. Good to hear good things about the Wiseco stuff though. Assuming decent quality control/consistency, can't argue with that mileage. Can the Wiseco stuff be run with OE springs and keeper parts?

You should be able to. I am using Wiseco valves, Kibblewhite springs:eek:, and stock keepers.

Mike ?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by m22

You should be able to. I am using Wiseco valves, Kibblewhite springs, and stock keepers.

Mike

Oh my gosh look at this kid. He's got KW stuff in his Suzuki 400 motor, and he's trying to pull it off. Who does he think he is? Some kind of god? ?

Quote:

Oh my gosh look at this kid. He's got KW stuff in his Suzuki 400 motor, and he's trying to pull it off. Who does he think he is? Some kind of god? ?

:worthy:

Cut me a little slack.....I did it before i was fully educated on TT. :confused:

I figure you can't F up a spring to bad.....or can you? Knock on wood!

It's been 3 years hopefully i'll be o.k.

how many times have you shimmed the valves and how many miles ?

I have re shimmed once, when i put in the HotCams. I switched speedos, and don't recall exactly how many miles i have on. I commute to work 16 miles each way.

I'm pretty well sure the danger lies exclusively in the super-fail of their valve design. I know that "a spring is a spring" is definitely not true, but KW has delivered several other good product lines (just not DRZ valves) so there's a decent chance they got it right.

I only switch speedos when I poop myself after doing a scary trick, I don't really go by mileage.?