Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Poker run is no go it seems -- Diamond mill single track sunday 5/1!!! Join us!

Hey everybody!

Since nobody knows if the poker run is actually happening this Sunday, and no emails or phone calls have been responded to from anybody I know, nor for people on this forum, we're going elsewhere! Diamond Mill it is!

We plan to meet at the Thriftway in banks at 8:30 am. We'll grab some grab, get all the gas we need, and probably head out around 9:00am (probably 9:15, but let's just say 9am).

Feel free to join us, although this route will probably not be very suitable for noobs... unless you're able to pick your bike up twenty eight times like I am :thumbsup:

See you there!

How are the conditions out there? I know Hood River just got another several inches to a foot and Kingsly :thumbsup:. Might head out that way.

Not sure... It's been a decent temperature out this way recently, and there wasn't too much snow last time we went out riding. We were able to make some decent runs. All of our snow plowing was because Toby kept believing that the snow would mystically go away around the next bend.

I don't think he knows how snow works though... he only understands Maicos.

:confused:

Hood River was dusty last weekend, this weekend, it has a foot of snow. I was debating between DM or Trask. Figured Trask would be closer to the coast so it may have been warm enough to not get the last round of snow, but it is further to drive. If there is not much snow at DM, maybe we will try that.

If my itch gets any worse and this snow doesn't go away, I am gonna have to go to Bend to scratch it :thumbsup:.

I'd be surprised if any snow gathered this weekend in the TSF wasn't offset by the afternoon sunshine we got most days, plus Saturday is supposed to be quite warm.

There's at least a bunch of lower altitude stuff that's good to ride.

The Hood River Trails did NOT get a foot of snow this week! All the new snow has melted and there is SOME old snow patches up high!

I'd be surprised if any snow gathered this weekend in the TSF wasn't offset by the afternoon sunshine we got most days, plus Saturday is supposed to be quite warm.

There's at least a bunch of lower altitude stuff that's good to ride.

Are you talking about hood river or diamond mill?

I was at Lyda yesterday and although I didn't hit any elevation, what I saw was just a dusting that was rapidly melting off. Should be fine at DM.

Are you talking about hood river or diamond mill?

TSF = Tillamook state forest, which includes diamond mill

I heard that the Trailsmen Poker Run was at Brown's Camp on Sunday. I could be wrong. Someone said today that it was on the Trailsmen website.

The event is listed there, however underneath it also says "we had to scale back the number of events we can hold this year" and "a flyer with updated information will be available 2 weeks before event".

PPL tried to call by phone and several ppl including myself emailed them. There's no flyer, and no emails or calls returned. So, we are just going to have to assume the poker run must have been called off.

It's posted on their website. See the thread where all of us wonder if it's going on and nobody can get any information about it what-so-ever. They didn't send out an email to the email list.They didn't respond to emails asking them what's going on. We called, nobody answered... etc etc

So we're going to Diamond Mill. If this is them dropping the ball on communication, they should get ahold of me. I'd be very happy to help them, and I could overhaul that joke of a website of theirs to be professional quality.

TSF = Tillamook state forest, which includes diamond mill

Riiiiiight. Well aware of "TSF". The post before mentioned Hood River. Was looking for an update on Kingsly. Forgot you only ride "TSF".:thumbsup:

You're so cool.

Good riding today guys. I need to get my gopro sorted out. It's got something buggy going on that doesn't make any sense to me...

Dang. Missed out on a good day of riding at HR it sounds like. I should have risked it and just driven up there. I guess I won't hold as much faith in what the people at the forest service say. Live and learn. Hope everyone had a great day of riding. I did put over 200 miles on the slab through some great areas, so I can't complain too much.

We didn't ride HR... we rode DM.

I'm looking forward to hitting up HR soon though. I've heard good things!

jesse whats wrong with your go pro pm me and or email me and we can get it sorted out for you. guessing glitchy vidio??? if so reformat the sd card and you should be good.

We didn't ride HR... we rode DM.

I'm looking forward to hitting up HR soon though. I've heard good things!

I will be ready to take you all in a week or so, probbly two weeks if thats cool. i rode 232 miles saturday ironmanning the 12 hr at starvation ridge. and the bike needs a little work. I got 5th place and 27th overall. railed for 10 hr before i hit the wall and rode in survival mode the rest of the time. 30 min average laps for 12 hrs and still passing riders on my 17th lap:banana: :thumbsup:

Crazy fun but i am sore :confused: maby this weekend for a tsf ride but not sure about guiding a ride in hood river till i know whats up with the logging on a couple long connecting trails.:worthy:. unless we go to pinemont east of hood river and its all clear and open.

Good ride yesterday.

I should be able to go on Sunday this upcomming weekend since it's Mother's day, I won't have my daughter that day.