Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Best location to enter Shamokin riding area

Does anyone have a good location for entering the Shamokin area between Treverton and Shamokin? I've never been there and would be in an F250 with trailer. Is this area still "safe" to trespass?

Does anyone have a good location for entering the Shamokin area between Treverton and Shamokin? I've never been there and would be in an F250 with trailer. Is this area still "safe" to trespass?

There is a place many call the "Flats". It is easy to get into with large vehicles, trailers, and RVs. If your enter Trevorton on 225 from the West, after you get in town make a right on Franklin Ave. This road become State Road 2044. Once you get out of town, go slow, you'll see increased ATV crossings. At the top of the hill you'll see a large clearing on the left, that is the Flats. Choose your entry point and go slow. The area wraps around to the right into an even bigger parking area.

There is no real "Safe to Trespass" area. RAC can have you vehicle towed/impound if you don't have a permit.

Permits are available in Pottsville for a fee an proof of liability insurance. That is the preferred route most responsible riders take. It helps keep the area "Open" and cuts down on liability lawsuits which will eventually shut the whole site down. If you just want to check it out and see if you like it, so be it. I have only heard dumped of vehicles getting towed/impounded due to lack of a permit but I don't know for sure.

It takes five minutes to get a permit.

Permit info: http://www.readinganthracite.com/access-permits/