Sign in to follow this  

Smart Performance

I installed the full blown kit front and rear from Dave J. (del taco, fluid, clover, etc.) a few months ago. After a few calls to Dave, and some carefull assembly on my part, it was ready to go. I did the garage test (jumped up and down on it just to see if it moved ya know) and it felt real stiff, and kinda had me worried it was too stiff. Anyway, I set the clickers, went and rode, and all I can say is the suspension is AWESOME:banana:. I ride MX mostly and when riding the suspension is nice and plush. It almost takes away too much of the feel of the track. Kinda hard to describe other than it feels a bit muted. Bottoming control is excellent! Hats off to SPI:thumbsup:

I installed the full blown kit front and rear from Dave J. (del taco, fluid, clover, etc.) a few months ago. After a few calls to Dave, and some carefull assembly on my part, it was ready to go. I did the garage test (jumped up and down on it just to see if it moved ya know) and it felt real stiff, and kinda had me worried it was too stiff. Anyway, I set the clickers, went and rode, and all I can say is the suspension is AWESOME:banana:. I ride MX mostly and when riding the suspension is nice and plush. It almost takes away too much of the feel of the track. Kinda hard to describe other than it feels a bit muted. Bottoming control is excellent! Hats off to SPI:thumbsup:

Yup DaveJ's kits are GREAT! My first test after the mods was on a 500 mile ride and it was pure magic :thumbsup:

I'm very intrested in trying this suspension company. I was wondering how much is it for this kit?

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine!

I ordered one a little over a month ago and haven't heard anything on it yet....

I had to wait a while for mine as well. It will get there eventually. Call Dave to get a price. I did the DIY kit and it was VERY affordable <$300 shipped front and rear!

I've been using the SPI setup in my '06 YZ450 in the desert for quite some time. Pretty amazing. The stiff static feel is from the lack of float in the mid valve, I believe, but it's interesting how that goes away when you're moving.

My son has always hated me to tinker with his suspension. Always complained about every change I made. "Fine like it was", "It's not any better", stuff like that. I set it up with the full Del Taco kit and he absolutely loves it.

The SPI kit in my 06 YZ450 really shined this weekend at the V.C.G.P.. My bike would just soak up all the big hits while alot of other riders were all over the place.